Australian Internet service provider iiNet has proposed the establishment of an independent body to police copyright infringement by Internet users.
Service providers, rights holders and internet users are anxiously awaiting news of whether the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) will further appeal the decision against it today by the Federal Court, but both the industry body a...
The loose-knit confederation of internet activists who organise under the banner "Anonymous" appeared to hit Australia again this morning, with Operation Payback targeting a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack against the Australian Federatio...
iiNet has sent a request to the Federal Court to put a stop to film studios' appeal against last month's decision to clear the Australian Internet service provider (ISP) of copyright breaches. The ISP filed a 'Notice of Contention' in the Federal Cou...
AFACT statement: Film industry disappointed by Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement
The official statement from AFACT on today's Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement.
iiNet CEO Michael Malone will be the Internet service provider’s (ISP) first witness in its civil case against the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT).
iiNet has hit back in its civil case against the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) at the Federal Court of Australia with a statistical retort.
The civil action between the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) and ISP iiNet continues today, with AFACT’s executive director, Neil Gane, likely to take the stand as the first witness.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW