Australian Internet service provider iiNet has proposed the establishment of an independent body to police copyright infringement by Internet users.
Service providers, rights holders and internet users are anxiously awaiting news of whether the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) will further appeal the decision against it today by the Federal Court, but both the industry body a...
The loose-knit confederation of internet activists who organise under the banner "Anonymous" appeared to hit Australia again this morning, with Operation Payback targeting a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack against the Australian Federatio...
iiNet has sent a request to the Federal Court to put a stop to film studios' appeal against last month's decision to clear the Australian Internet service provider (ISP) of copyright breaches. The ISP filed a 'Notice of Contention' in the Federal Cou...
AFACT statement: Film industry disappointed by Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement
The official statement from AFACT on today's Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement.
iiNet CEO Michael Malone will be the Internet service provider’s (ISP) first witness in its civil case against the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT).
iiNet has hit back in its civil case against the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) at the Federal Court of Australia with a statistical retort.
The civil action between the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) and ISP iiNet continues today, with AFACT’s executive director, Neil Gane, likely to take the stand as the first witness.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
- Microsoft fixes 36 flaws in IE, Edge, Office, Windows, .NET Framework
- Facebook has just 60 days to change its terms and conditions for French users
- Coming to HP's consumer laptops: Smoother video with AMD's FreeSync
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW