Australian Internet service provider iiNet has proposed the establishment of an independent body to police copyright infringement by Internet users.
Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT)
Service providers, rights holders and internet users are anxiously awaiting news of whether the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) will further appeal the decision against it today by the Federal Court, but both the industry body a...
The loose-knit confederation of internet activists who organise under the banner "Anonymous" appeared to hit Australia again this morning, with Operation Payback targeting a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack against the Australian Federatio...
iiNet has sent a request to the Federal Court to put a stop to film studios' appeal against last month's decision to clear the Australian Internet service provider (ISP) of copyright breaches. The ISP filed a 'Notice of Contention' in the Federal Cou...
AFACT statement: Film industry disappointed by Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement
The official statement from AFACT on today's Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement.
Australian ISP iiNet and millions of Australian Internet users will be holding their breath tomorrow as the Federal Court delivers a verdict on the iiNet vs Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) copyright case.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure & Network Program Manager -Government BackgroundNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCSecurity Architecture ManagerVIC
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC