A startup called Eyefluence aims to improve virtual and augmented reality with its eye-tracking technology. After an early glimpse at what the company's tech can do, it seems like a must-have for future headsets.
Oculus VR revealed the final version of its Rift virtual reality headset on Thursday, but the partnership between the Facebook-owned company and Microsoft may have raised some eyebrows.
The Sprout, HP's innovative new PC, towered above my desk. An array of cameras and a projector (collectively called the Illuminator) loomed over its 23-inch touch display.
The Commonwealth Bank (CBA) released a new iPhone app yesterday that it says will revolutionise the property market in Australia and change how home buyers will search for a property.
Mobile phone technology vendor Qualcomm plans to offer an augmented reality platform and software development kit, the company said on Wednesday at its Uplinq conference.
Augmented reality, long a staple of science fiction, is here, there and everywhere. A search on Google News brings up nearly 700 recent stories about the technology and the companies that claim to offer it.
Have you ever found yourself in an unfamiliar city with no clue about where to go and what to see? What if you could just hold up your phone, snap pictures of your surroundings, and discover interesting local restaurants and landmarks? With augmented...
Augmented reality technology is getting a lot of attention these days -- particularly the use of AR with smartphones. The idea is that by using certain software, you can turn your iPhone, Droid or other smartphone into a virtual heads-up display. Aim...
The mobile augmented reality market will reach US$732 million by 2014, fueled by paid application downloads, subscription services and advertising, according to a new report from Juniper Research.
We all use Google. Well, maybe not Bill Gates, but that's about it. Now, Google is hoping to become an even bigger part of our everyday lives.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW