Google announces Sky VR for Daydream and The Sims for Tango as part of its continued push to get AR and VR off the ground.
Apple is working on wearable digital glasses that would connect to the iPhone and show content in the wearer’s field of vision, according to a news report.
Microsoft is positioning its HoloLens augmented reality headset for businesses, but analysts say it must clear hurdles such as cost, technical and competitive challenges.
Analysts see a handful of technologies that are poised to radically change our lives by 2021.
Microsoft showed off a demo of how the HoloLens could be used in a business context at its Worldwide Partner Conference on Monday, aiming to attract interest from the developers and integrators in the audience.
If you’ve not seen it, the new Pokemon Go mobile game lets you walk around town interacting with local landmarks via your phone’s screen. You’ll likely find plaques, artworks and other local facts about where you live and work that you never knew exi...
Augmented reality, long a staple of science fiction, is here, there and everywhere. A search on Google News brings up nearly 700 recent stories about the technology and the companies that claim to offer it.
Have you ever found yourself in an unfamiliar city with no clue about where to go and what to see? What if you could just hold up your phone, snap pictures of your surroundings, and discover interesting local restaurants and landmarks? With augmented...
Augmented reality technology is getting a lot of attention these days -- particularly the use of AR with smartphones. The idea is that by using certain software, you can turn your iPhone, Droid or other smartphone into a virtual heads-up display. Aim...
The mobile augmented reality market will reach US$732 million by 2014, fueled by paid application downloads, subscription services and advertising, according to a new report from Juniper Research.
Videos about augmented reality
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
- AMD updates Ryzen drivers with a new power profile and the promise of better performance
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA