Verizon Wireless plans to resurrect thousands of retired Microsoft Kin phones as feature phones -- without wireless data capability -- later this year, according to a leaked document on a tech Web site.
Windows Phone 7 (WP7) smartphones have only been on sale since Monday at two wireless carriers in the U.S. and already Microsoft is saying "initial supplies are tight."
A recent survey of nearly 1,200 IT professionals found strong interest in deploying iPads and other Apple iOS products for use inside their organizations.
As of today, the first of the Windows Phone 7 smartphones are available from T-Mobile and AT&T. The launch of Windows Phone 7 is the result of a complete reboot of Microsoft's mobile OS and kicks off its attempt to regain relevance in the very co...
Now that LTE and WiMax officially are not 4G, use of that heavily advertised term is a free-for-all -- at least until it comes time to name the next wave of mobile networks.
ViewSonic's ViewPad 7, a tablet PC with a 7-inch display, is the latest in a line of machines that bridge the gap between a smartphone and a tablet.
Microsoft claims its Windows Phone 7 (WP7) smartphones help users get more done in fewer steps than do rival phones.
Microsoft gave a peek at the first Windows Phone 7 products earlier this month when it formally announced its follow-on Windows Mobile in the race for smartphone glory vs. Apple (See: Windows Phone 7 vs. Apple iOS), Google and RIM. Microsoft’s curre...
Is AT&T behind on IPv6 deployment?
Verizon Wireless kicks off sales of Apple's iPad bundled either with a MiFi mobile hotspot or as Wi-Fi-only units in 2,000 stores on Thursday.
Android-powered phones are all the rage these days, with sexy new models available from all the major carriers (not just AT&T, ahem).
Sprint Nextel will sell the Samsung Galaxy Tab touchscreen tablet for $399.99 with a two-year service contract, starting Nov. 14, the carrier announced Monday.
Android phones may be all the rage right now, but for AT&T the Apple iPhone remains its more alluring gold mine.
AT&T on Thursday reported revenue of $US31.6 billion for the third quarter, up 2.8 per cent from the third quarter of 2009, with mobile data revenue and mobile subscriber gains from the iPhone driving the growth.
Verizon will introduce tiered data pricing on October 28, Engadget reports. Unlike AT&T's two-tiered data plan, however, Verizon will not be abandoning the unlimited data option for smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTSenior Project Coordinator-Datacentre relocation backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Content MigrationVIC
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD