You might be familiar with the Cell on Wheels (COW) concept that carriers have deployed to bring temporary wireless service to busy venues or disaster relief areas. Now AT&T is giving the COW acronym a new high-flying meaning: Cell on Wings.
HTC's just-released Android smartphone, the HTC One, offers high-quality hardware, an outstanding camera and stunning design. But the device isn't without its drawbacks.
I've written before that it seems like HTC was due for a win one of these days (even though the rumors about the M7 were a bit off) and it sure looks like they've done pretty well for themselves with the new HTC One, which was rolled out Tuesday in N...
BlackBerry's new Z10 smartphone offers a superior display, great navigation and interesting BYOD features. But is it too little, too late?
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Samsung's Galaxy Note II is big, bright and powerful, with a number of new features. Here's an in-depth look at where it excels -- and where it falls short.
If I buy an iPhone 4, am I going to have big radio frequency reception problems?
On Wednesday today, Motorola introduced the Droid X -- the company's response to the Apple iPhone 4.
Cisco, Microsoft, IBM: They all started somewhere. Take this quiz to see how well you know the humble origins of today's tech titans
It's that time of year again -- time to look back and offer my 2009 awards for the most malicious, obnoxious, offensive, or nonsensical behavior in technology. The 10 winners this year include some of the best-known companies on the planet, as well a...
Many iPhone customers have already decided to switch carriers, if AT&T wants to keep them the time to act is now. AT&T cannot wait until Verizon and others appear at its door.
Are you fed up with exclusivity arrangements between cell phone carriers and handset makers? If so, you may have allies on Capitol Hill.
AT&T has been keeping quiet on its plans to adopt the Google Android platform so far. But with rumors that Verizon might steal its iPhone exclusivity and several high-end handset manufacturers already set to deliver Android phones, the wireless carri...
How often are users receiving true 3G for their data transmission speed with the iPhone 3G? After all, Apple and AT&T promote the phone as being "twice as fast" as its predecessor.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- FTHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW