Intel's Atom smartphone chip cancellations pull the curtain back on an ugly past in which the company shot itself in the foot with bad timing and ill-advised executive decisions.
At this year’s Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, the company has announced the next iteration of its low-powered Atom processor family, codenamed Bay Trail. The new chips include a ‘Burst Technology’ feature analogous to the ‘Turbo Mode’ found ...
Online retailers have started selling netbooks with Intel's new dual-core Atom processor, ahead of official product announcements from PC makers.
Intel on Tuesday showed off a netbook with a dual-core Atom processor as it talked up efforts to crank up the performance of the low-cost laptops.
Intel has ported Google's Android mobile operating system to smartphones based on its Atom microprocessors, an Intel executive said Tuesday.
Intel Corp. today announced it is shipping to electronics manufacturers its first processor platform customized for home servers and small office network attached storage (NAS) systems.
Intel is going after the tablet market for its low-power processors, including an upcoming Atom processor designed for mobile phones, the company said.
Intel is updating its Classmate PC netbook models, adding new processors and shrinking the devices to make them sleeker and easier to carry.
Wyse Technology has started shipping the X90cw, a new thin client that is an Intel Atom-based netbook, it said on Wednesday.
Intel unveiled a trio of new Atom processors and a new chipset today. The new Intel chips will enable hardware vendors to create smaller, cooler, more power efficient netbooks and nettops (the desktop equivalent of a netbook).
Arm Holdings has introduced a processor for smartphones and other devices that it says will be cheaper, and more powerful and energy-efficient than the two ARM processors it will supplant. The company expects that the new chip will also help it ward ...
Intel on Tuesday reported strong third-quarter earnings that beat analyst expectations and were buoyed by what the company called "momentum" in the economy.
Intel will ship a new line of Atom processors for netbooks and nettops during the fourth quarter of this year, a company official said late on Wednesday.
Intel had to hustle to catch up with competitors in developing chips for mobile devices like smartphones, but the effort led to the development of the highly successful Atom chip, a company executive said on Wednesday.
Intel and handset maker Nokia are teaming to develop new mobile computing device and chipset architectures, the companies said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
- ZAGG Pocket Keyboard review: Little annoyances keep it out of contention
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCProject DirectorWA
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW