Intel's Atom smartphone chip cancellations pull the curtain back on an ugly past in which the company shot itself in the foot with bad timing and ill-advised executive decisions.
At this year’s Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, the company has announced the next iteration of its low-powered Atom processor family, codenamed Bay Trail. The new chips include a ‘Burst Technology’ feature analogous to the ‘Turbo Mode’ found ...
Online retailers have started selling netbooks with Intel's new dual-core Atom processor, ahead of official product announcements from PC makers.
Intel on Tuesday showed off a netbook with a dual-core Atom processor as it talked up efforts to crank up the performance of the low-cost laptops.
Intel has ported Google's Android mobile operating system to smartphones based on its Atom microprocessors, an Intel executive said Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCSSIS DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystSA
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC