Taiwanese PC maker Asus has added laptop to the forms that its latest Transformer phone-tablet hybrid can adopt -- potentially taunting Microsoft and Google once again with the device's ability to run both Windows and Android.
The Rockstar Consortium that acquired Nortel Networks' patents filed Thursday patent infringement suits against Google, Samsung, HTC and five other companies.
Taiwan's Asustek is in talks with Microsoft about using the company's Windows Phone 8 OS in a smartphone, according to a report.
A U.S. court rejected motions to dismiss defendants in a US$2.2 billion lawsuit involving a Chinese government-backed Web filtering package that was allegedly built from stolen code, stating that the court had jurisdiction over the case even though t...
ASUS has launched the SABERTOOTH P67, a TUF Series motherboard that runs Intel's P67 chipset and supports the chip maker's new 2nd Generation (Sandy Bridge) Core i3, i5 and i7 processors.
Asustek Computer will be the first computer maker to put Intel's AppUp Center application store on netbooks, the chip maker said Tuesday.
Asustek Computer Thursday showed off its latest collection of laptops made using bamboo material as well as a family of laptops with Bang & Olufsen sound systems.
Asustek Computer on Monday unveiled two Eee Pad tablets running Windows software and, an e-reader, the Eee Tablet, with a note-taking function.
The Computex Taipei electronics show will celebrate its 30th anniversary when it opens next Tuesday, and will highlight several new tablet computers hoping to compete against Apple's iPad as well as a slew of other electronic gadgets.
A shortage of the latest Intel laptop PC microprocessors worsened in April, but the chip giant says it will meet demand by the end of this quarter.
Netbook pioneer Asustek Computer believes its popular Eee PC netbook family will continue to attract more buyers than tablet devices such as Apple's iPad.
Asustek Computer launched its newest netbook on Tuesday, a stylish device with faux alligator hide casing and two slender, easy-to-change batteries that the company says will run for six hours each.
Asustek Computer Inc.'s latest wave of netbook and notebook PCs lets users easily tune them to run up to 33% faster, all while staying within warranty.
IBM and Asustek said on Tuesday that they have entered into a broad patent cross-licensing agreement that ends all patent litigation between the two companies.
Apple Inc. may still be coy about whether it plans to launch a touch-screen tablet computer this year, but Windows PC makers are forging right ahead.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- TPSAP Implementation Manager - Finance System ProjectQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW