Tens of millions of network-enabled devices including routers, printers, media servers, IP cameras, smart TVs and more can be attacked over the Internet because of dangerous flaws in their implementation of the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) protocol...
Just when you thought name-brand Android tablets couldn't get any cheaper, Asus and a handful of other vendors have limboed below the $150 mark.
Asustek has lowered starting prices for Android tablets, announcing the US$149 Memo Pad tablet, which has a 7-inch screen and Android 4.1.
PCs were upstaged by tablets, smartphones and TVs at this year's International CES show, with some companies maintaining a smaller presence or holding back product announcements for a later date.
Microsoft's Windows 8 OS failed to provide a spark to PC sales during last year's fourth quarter, with worldwide unit shipments falling by 6.4 percent compared to the same quarter in 2011, according to research by IDC..
Asustek is aiming for the TV market with the introduction of an Internet streaming box called Qube, which will run on Google TV software.
Asustek has delayed US shipments for its dual-screen Taichi ultrabooks, which were available for order from retail sites like Amazon, Newegg and TigerDirect.
AT&T will start offering the first Windows RT tablet with LTE capabilities on Friday with prices beginning at US$499, the U.S. wireless carrier said on Tuesday.
Taiwanese PC maker Asus saw major growth in its tablet shipments in the third quarter with the launch of Google's Nexus 7, and projects the shipments will reach at least 10 million units next year.
Asustek is shipping its upcoming Vivo Tab RT tablet starting at US$599, which will cost more than Windows RT tablets from Microsoft and Dell, which have an entry price of $499.
Tablet sales at 18.1 million units during the third quarter were somewhat lower than expected, but stronger-than-expected demand during the rest of the year will give the market a boost, according to market research company IDC.
In the five months since Asus announced the Asus Padfone, few details have been revealed about this Android smartphone that can turn into a tablet.
Enterprise users and consumers who have held off buying new PCs recently may come to regret their decision as a hard-drive shortage following floods in Thailand is expected to result in higher prices, according to Gartner.
Tablets and smartphones will soon get quad-core processors with Nvidia's new Tegra 3 chip, which will eclipse the application and graphics performance provided by dual-core processors found on tablets like Apple's iPad and Motorola's Xoom.
Asustek Computer on Wednesday announced the 10-inch Eee Pad Transformer Prime tablet, which has a quad-core processor that could make it the fastest tablet in the market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Bose QuietComfort 25 review: A traveller's companion
- 5 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Germany backs plan to retain personal flight data across EU
- China: Facebook not banned, but must follow the rules
- Google AI project apes memory, programs (sort of) like a human
- Nintendo targets new health business with sleep sensor
- China's Xiaomi surges to become world's third largest smartphone vendor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW