Asus is now distributing a firmware update that will change the default security settings on its broadband routers after files on thousands of external hard drives were found easily accessible over the Internet.
Tablets are getting bigger screens, moving into cars, and dual-booting Windows and Android at this year's International CES show as tech vendors give a glimpse into the gadget's future.
Files on thousands of hard drives connected to broadband routers from Asus are easily accessible over the Internet due to unsecure default settings, according to industry experts and tests conducted by PC World Norway and TechWorld Sweden.
PC maker Asus is taking the Windows-Android hybrid concept to another level with a convertible laptop that can switch between the two OSes with the click of an on-screen button.
Acer's latest 11.6-inch C720 Chromebook will sell for US$249.99, which is the lowest price yet in the newest wave of thin-and-light laptops with Google's Chrome OS.
The PC market remained weak in the third quarter, but the expiration of Microsoft's support for Windows XP in April next year may have prompted users to look at upgrades, which eased the slump.
Asustek on Wednesday announced a new Windows 8.1 tablet called the Transformer Book T100, which starts at US$349 and runs on Intel's Atom chip code-named Bay Trail.
Intel and Google showed off the next generation of Chromebooks from Hewlett-Packard, Acer and Toshiba, which will be faster and more power-efficient than predecessors.
Asustek has announced new tablets with different screen sizes, adding new 6-inch and 7-inch models to its Fonepad lineup and also two new 8- and 10-inch Memo Pad tablets.
Microsoft's plan to buy Nokia's phone business and have a larger presence in hardware devices has so far brought little response from PC and smartphone vendors in Asia. But the deal could end up bringing dividends to Microsoft's long-time partners in...
Asustek CEO Jerry Shen confirmed today that his company will no longer produce Windows RT tablets.
Surging tablet sales and the muted response to Windows 8 have opened the door for Android at this year's Computex and exposed deeper cracks in the Wintel powerhouse of Windows software and Intel chips.
The trusty old laptop is being kicked to the curb, with PC makers trying to spice up their offerings by pushing a variety of hybrids, tablets and smaller-screen devices at the Computex trade show in Taipei this week.
Asus has fired another shot in the Android tablet price war, putting the starting price for the Asus Memo Pad FHD7 at US$129.
Asus has introduced a new "phablet" device called the Asus Fonepad Note FHD6, which is part Android phone, part tablet.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Nikola Motor unveils its hydrogen fuel cell 18-wheeler
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystACT
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC