ASUS has today announced the launch of its MeMo Pad HD 7 Android tablet in Australia, with the device available now for $199.
Taiwanese PC maker Asus plans to launch new tablets in its Transformer and MeMO Pad lines of Android tablets later this year as it aims to build up its brand in the tablet space alongside the Google Nexus 7 series.
The Windows 8 Secure Boot mechanism can be bypassed on PCs from certain manufacturers because of oversights in how those vendors implemented the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) specification, according to a team of security researchers.
Mere days after Microsoft was forced to slash the price of the Surface RT in an attempt to move more of the moribund tablets, Windows RT has received yet another no-confidence vote: Asus plans to pull back from the mobile-focused platform.
Asus has unveiled its Transformer Book Trio at Computex 2013. The firm is calling the device, which runs Windows and Android, a cross between a PC, laptop and tablet.
A 14-year-old worker has been found dead after working at an electronics factory in China that may make products for Asus, another potential case of underage labor abuse in the country.
Taiwanese consumer electronics manufacturer ASUS has announced that its new 7-inch Android tablet, the Fonepad, will be available in Australia from early June.
Would you pay an extra $US50 for a pint-sized tablet if it ran Windows 8 instead of Android? Asus thinks you might.
Taiwanese PC maker Asus plans on getting behind Google's Chrome OS and will launch a notebook running the OS in the second half of this year, said company CEO Jerry Shen.
Hard on the heels of the news that the Linux kernel itself has now added Chromebook support, other reports this week suggest that the ongoing popularity of devices that use Google's Linux-based Chrome OS operating system will likely continue unabated...
ASUS has released a triple threat of a machine that should do well to confuse lots of non-technical people (and even many techies). Its Transformer All-in-one desktop product looks like a regular all-in-one PC, but there is something special about it...
Touch-based Windows 8 notebooks have been selling well for Taiwanese PC maker Asus, but overall Microsoft's new operating system has yet to find a major following, the company said.
ASUS has today unveiled the MeMO Pad, a low-cost, 7in Android tablet that will sell for less than Google's Nexus 7 device.
Security researchers from Croatia-based security firm DefenseCode claim to have found a critical remote code execution vulnerability in the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) implementation developed by Broadcom and used by many routers with Broadcom chi...
Apple and Samsung Electronics led the tablet market in the fourth quarter of 2012, but new entrant Microsoft did not make it to the top five with its Surface tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
- Apple postpones the AirPods release date to ???
- Microsoft quietly unveils a Surface mouse and desktop keyboards for Surface Studio
- Microsoft's Surface Book i7 doubles the GPU performance of its predecessor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationVIC
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCProgram Architect - Payment/CardsVIC
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTUX CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNERQLD
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- TPChange Manager | GovernmentQLD
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCProject Manager, SuperannuationNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Telco (Sydney CBD)NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerACT