Dozens of tablets, some priced as low as US$99, are expected out by year's end running on new Intel Atom processors, which began shipping Wednesday.
ARM has acquired Sensinode in Finland in its bid to provide technology and processors for the "Internet of things," consisting of a variety of low-power and inexpensive devices including sensors communicating with the Internet and one another.
Oracle and ARM are working together to make the Java programming language more suitable for ARM processors, in order to encourage its use for embedded systems and enterprise software.
Renesas Electronics' latest system-on-a-chip has eight ARM processing cores to help next-generation, in-car infotainment systems handle multiple streams of 1080p video and augmented reality apps.
Simon Segars will become ARM CEO when Warren East retires July 1, the company said Tuesday.
ARM is promising close to 70 percent processor power savings with a new chip design called Big.Little, and mobile devices on display at the Mobile World Congress provided the first glimpse of how the technology works.
Seven companies are expected to release chips this year based on ARM's Big.Little processor technology, ARM said at the Mobile World Congress.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
In a reorganization of its mobile business, Intel said Wednesday it has formed a new group, called the Mobile and Communications Group (MCG) that will focus on phones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
Third-quarter earnings reports from major tech vendors continued to pour in this week, confirming upbeat trends for enterprise software and emerging markets but mixed results for hardware and components.
A group of British researchers led by the daddy of the ARM processor, normally found in smartphones, went to find out how many how many neurons can an ARM chip simulate.
Microsoft showed Thursday the next version of its Windows OS at a press event in Taipei, unveiling a completely new tile-based interface that it hopes will be better suited for the emerging world of tablet PCs.
Intel announced plans for a new class of thin and light laptops at the Computex trade show on Tuesday, its latest move to improve its competitiveness in the mobile computing market.
Microsoft said Wednesday that the next version of its Windows PC operating system will run on Arm processors, part of an effort to adapt Windows to the fast-growing market for tablet computers, where Apple and Google have gained traction.
With Android, Ubuntu, and ARM set to shine, 2011 promises to be a banner year for open-source software.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Optus leverages Huawei partnership to launch first Aussie first 4.5G network
- Fingerprint scanning is coming to Chromebooks
- Soon your Samsung Galaxy's fingerprint reader will unlock your Windows 10 PC
- Blizzard's ending Windows XP, Vista support for Warcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, and more games
- Razer Blade Pro (2016) review: Now this is how you do a 'Pro' laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCJunior Data ArchitectACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)NSW
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- CCSenior consultant/ Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical SpecialistNSW
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- TPSAP Helpdesk SupportACT
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager to manage two concurrent ProjectsQLD
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystNSW
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- FTLead PMONSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW