ARM has acquired Sensinode in Finland in its bid to provide technology and processors for the "Internet of things," consisting of a variety of low-power and inexpensive devices including sensors communicating with the Internet and one another.
Oracle and ARM are working together to make the Java programming language more suitable for ARM processors, in order to encourage its use for embedded systems and enterprise software.
Renesas Electronics' latest system-on-a-chip has eight ARM processing cores to help next-generation, in-car infotainment systems handle multiple streams of 1080p video and augmented reality apps.
Simon Segars will become ARM CEO when Warren East retires July 1, the company said Tuesday.
ARM is promising close to 70 percent processor power savings with a new chip design called Big.Little, and mobile devices on display at the Mobile World Congress provided the first glimpse of how the technology works.
Seven companies are expected to release chips this year based on ARM's Big.Little processor technology, ARM said at the Mobile World Congress.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
In a reorganization of its mobile business, Intel said Wednesday it has formed a new group, called the Mobile and Communications Group (MCG) that will focus on phones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
Third-quarter earnings reports from major tech vendors continued to pour in this week, confirming upbeat trends for enterprise software and emerging markets but mixed results for hardware and components.
A group of British researchers led by the daddy of the ARM processor, normally found in smartphones, went to find out how many how many neurons can an ARM chip simulate.
Microsoft showed Thursday the next version of its Windows OS at a press event in Taipei, unveiling a completely new tile-based interface that it hopes will be better suited for the emerging world of tablet PCs.
Intel announced plans for a new class of thin and light laptops at the Computex trade show on Tuesday, its latest move to improve its competitiveness in the mobile computing market.
Microsoft said Wednesday that the next version of its Windows PC operating system will run on Arm processors, part of an effort to adapt Windows to the fast-growing market for tablet computers, where Apple and Google have gained traction.
With Android, Ubuntu, and ARM set to shine, 2011 promises to be a banner year for open-source software.
Arm has entered the server market with Marvell Semiconductor announcing a chip based on its processor architecture, but customer acceptance and design issues could affect its chances of winning market share from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices, anal...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
- Sniper Elite 4 preview: More sniping, less shooting
- Halo Wars 2 campaign preview: Polished, pretty, but not as exciting as Blitz mode
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTData Analyst - MDMNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW