Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) has become a key building block for the Internet of Things, and chip makers are working to make it an even better fit by using the technology to further reduce power consumption of devices and helping developers implement i...
One of the biggest road blocks for future IoT (Internet of Things) growth is security, but ARM is looking to help address that by acquiring Israeli company Sansa Security.
Intel, Altera said near a deal... Senate lets NSA dragnet expire... Asus promises 4-day smartwatch life...and more tech news.
ARM is trying to resolve the thorny problem of battery life in Internet of Things devices with a new chip design that will significantly reduce the power consumed by processors, sensors and wireless chips.
UNICEF is best known for its children's aid efforts, but it turns out that the U.N. agency has an small arsenal of surprisingly innovative gadgets that it uses to improve the lives of underprivileged kids and families worldwide.
Heated competition in the smartphone and tablet markets has required chip makers to speed up the pace at which they release new processors, the CEO of ARM said in an interview this week.
Six from China charged in US IP theft... ARM teams with Unicef on wearables... Microsoft previewing new Office for Android apps... and more tech news.
Wearables are often considered novelty items, but UNICEF believes the devices could revolutionize health and education and improve the lives of millions in developing countries.
Security researcher took over airplane systems via inflight tech
ARM's next major CPU design could be here sooner than you think.
With the Internet of Things in mind, ARM wants to improve the battery life of sensors that use Bluetooth, making it efficient enough to be powered using energy harvesting.
You win some, you lose some. Microsoft this week dropped support for ARM processors from its Surface tablets with the Surface 3, but adoption of the chip architecture in Chromebooks is growing.
Raw horsepower has always been important measuring stick for performance of mobile devices and PCs, but it's also important to determine whether applications are written to exploit all the available hardware features.
As HP reports numbers, questions will be on its split ... GOPers on FCC want to delay net neutrality vote ... Google deals for Softcard ... and more tech news.
ARM and IBM want hobbyists to make their own connected devices in a matter of minutes with a new development kit announced Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- NSPython Developer (DevOps)NSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC