Lose weight by tapping the screen
Telling the time with added celestial features
The Sonos PLAY:1 packs a significant punch considering its size and produces surprisingly good bass
Action Launcher Pro for Android is a clean and simple launcher with a few unique features
An excellent motivational tool let down by a lack of wireless syncronising
apps in pictures
Google Drive can do much more than you realize. Ready to unlock its productivity potential?
Microsoft's Office apps are finally available for Android smartphones and tablets. Here’s how they stack up against past favorites
Need to hold a virtual meeting complete with screen sharing? Or maybe you just need to remotely access a colleague’s computer to help him with a quick fix. Here are 15 ways to get the job done -- for free.
Tabbed Windows. A customizable login screen. Tens of thousands of votes have poured in for these features and more, but time's running out for these features to make it into Windows 10's launch version.
Bigger emoji, stickers, and cute effects do not make for a super-useful messaging experience.
Apple's app review process takes about two days now instead of nine, in hopes to increase revenue from the App Store.
The latest update lets you view notifications, read new emails, and reply to messages from the comfort of your wrist.
Facebook-owned WhatsApp has strengthened the encryption of its widely used instant messaging app, a development that in theory makes it harder for law enforcement to gain access to communications.
The promise of porting Windows 10 apps to Xbox already has a few takers including Hulu and Nickelodeon.
Driven by the need for businesses to innovate at a low price point, and quickly while at that, cloud adoption has experienced unprecedented growth. In fact, a latest report by Telsyte revealed that more than a third (34%) of Australian enterprises no...
Google launched its Apps Marketplace back in March, effectively inviting companies to create business software for the cloud that would sit alongside the standard set of Google Apps.
Tired of Tinder? There are new, more interesting ways to find a date this Valentine’s Day.
The beginning of the year is always an exciting time in the startup sphere. New ventures are popping up all over the place, ready to take on the new year. But in a space like Sydney that’s overflowing with fledgling companies, how do you know which s...
When shopping for the latest gadgets for your children this Christmas, be aware of some of the risks involved when buying connected toys.
If there’s not a saying about, ‘If you’re going to have full-blown influenza, then you may as well have it while the Olympics are on’ then there probably should be. I’ve spent much of the past week bed ridden, but that’s also given me the opportunit...
The future of finance is automated apps that analyze your accounts and know how much to save and spend.
Whitepapers about apps
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud. From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity. Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Videos about apps
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- CCChange and Communications Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- CCTechnical ConsutlantACT
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC