AMD wants to counter concerns that system administrators may have about placing ARM servers in data centers with its new chips code-named Seattle, which are now shipping in volume after a long delay.
The PowerPC is best known for powering old Mac computers, while MIPS processors were in the first PlayStation, NASA's New Horizons spacecraft and the first $99 Android tablets. Now, both processor families are widely used in equipment like networking...
AppliedMicro has announced a new family of 64-bit ARM chips that could disrupt the stodgy but sizeable market for components used in network routers, printers and other "embedded" equipment.
From smartphones, tablets and servers, ARM's 64-bit processors could soon spread to multifunction printers, storage and networking devices.
A decade-old race to crank up core counts in x86 chips may have lulled, but the competition has just started picking up in ARM processors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC