A fresh round of quarterly results and market research this week show some shadows over the networking and component markets while smartphones, as usual, were the stars of the tech arena.
Semiconductor company Applied Materials has appointed Gary Dickerson as its new CEO as the company tries to overcome declining sales and profits .
Though U.S. political leaders managed to spark some good news for the economy Friday, technology stocks are down for the week, showing a continued lack of confidence in the sector.
Collaboration is all the rage among corporate executives these days, which means IT is kept busy providing systems, tools and procedures that turn the vague concept into a real business benefit.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTIT EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- TPSenior Network Engineer (Newcastle Based)NSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT