Jive Software is buying data-mining startup Proximal Labs in a move that will help it derive deeper insights into social-networking data, the companies announced Wednesday. Terms were not disclosed.
Microsoft has started a certification program that identifies consumer mobile handsets best supporting Microsoft Exchange's most crucial management capabilities, the company announced Wednesday.
Microsoft's announcement this week that it would begin offering its Dynamics ERP (enterprise resource planning) software via the Azure cloud platform drew significant interest from attendees of the Convergence conference in Atlanta, but some users an...
Google on Monday denied an allegation by rival Microsoft that it lied about an important government certification.
HTC's latest smartphone, the Sensation, has a dual-core 1.2GHz processor from Qualcomm that holds the promise of faster graphics and is due to ship in Europe in the second quarter, the company said at an event in London on Tuesday.
With the new release of its Hadoop distribution, Cloudera has radically expanded the set of supporting tools for the data processing framework.
Nokia launched an updated version of its Symbian^3 mobile operating system on Tuesday, along with two phones running the software, the X7 and the E6.
Coty is growing.
Among the many reasons I'm partial to Firefox is that Mozilla's browser has long offered a built-in spell checker. (Not that I need it, of course -- we payd riters learnt gud speling in skool.)
For CIOs who distrust most technological promises (having heard too many of them), cloud computing sets off alarm bells. Yet those CIOs finding success in the cloud say their colleagues should be equally skeptical of IT managers who claim they can de...
James Johnson, an IT veteran with 25 years' experience running Wall Street technology operations, walked into Lehman Brothers' packing-box-strewn office high in the Time-Life building in Rockefeller Center. It was November 2008. Johnson had just been...
Apple's iOS will dominate the tablet market through the middle of the decade, Gartner analysts said today.
Mozilla has committed to a more aggressive release schedule for the Firefox Web browser. There were nearly three years between the launch of Firefox 3 and Firefox 4, but Firefox 5 is expected to be introduced in a matter of months at the end of June....
Adobe's coming updates to its Flash Builder and Flex cross-platform software development tools, announced Monday, don't do anything to address the exclusion of the Flash Player from Apple's iOS products.
Nokia's recent decision to close the source code for its Symbian smartphone OS likely won't affect most application developers or consumers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Jorno Folding Bluetooth Keyboard review: A Kickstarter vision loses sight of the basics
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi gear driving strong WLAN equipment sales
- Microsoft declares 350M devices now on Windows 10
- Facebook chooses friends and family over celebrities in your feed, which is probably healthy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC