Oracle has fired back against a New Jersey university's claim it is responsible for a problematic ERP (enterprise resource planning) software project, saying school officials have embarked on a "scorched earth" litigation campaign in order to cover u...
Nokia has "increased confidence" that the first of its smartphones with Windows Phone will ship in the fourth quarter, the company said on Tuesday.
Google unveiled details of Google Wallet this week. Google Wallet is an ambitious mobile payment plan designed to let your Android smartphone be your wallet, but you should consider very carefully just how secure your credit card data will be in Goog...
A highly-touted Anglo-US startup has emerged from stealth mode this month with a new type of database design it believes can transform the way this class of software is used by many large companies.
1. Rumors of its demise have been greatly exaggerated. Open-source advocates feared that Oracle, which gained ownership of the open-source MySQL database through its acquisition of Sun Microsystems, would choke off its development in order to protect...
Officials in Marin County, California, are claiming SAP enticed them into joining a "Ramp-Up" early adopter program for a new ERP (enterprise resource planning) software suite, a move that helped send the project on a road to ruin.
Google on Tuesday patched several vulnerabilities in Chrome, including two a French security company said could be used to bypass the browser's anti-exploit technology.
EMC today formally announced a reseller partnership with MapR Technologies, a start-up that plans to sell a proprietary MapReduce product based on Apache Hadoop.
A U.S. senator wants Apple and Google to require some applications in their mobile app stores to have privacy policies as a way to protect users against location tracking.
It takes more than a sleek operating system to make a successful smartphone.
Microsoft was once again back in court on Tuesday to appeal an €899 million fine imposed by the European Court of Justice (ECJ) in 2008 after a decade of legal battles.
Oracle's database is now available for deployment on Amazon Web Services, the companies announced Tuesday, but with some key limitations.
The browser address bar isn't going anywhere, an add-on developer and former contributor to Firefox said today.
Supporters of the MeeGo open-source platform put tablets, in-car systems and TV in the spotlight at a conference in San Francisco on Monday, saying the technology had broad potential while downplaying its role in smartphones.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are working on deemphasizing your browser's address bar to maximize screen space and put the focus on web apps instead of websites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft levels up web version of Outlook for business customers
- Salesforce taps Instagram's new API with tailored marketing tools
- Who goes there? CA will know with Xceedium buy
- India reverses ban on porn websites
- EFF-led group wants to give do-not-track some bite
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW