As more companies shift more work to the cloud, they are struggling with a new financial problem, namely how to accurately charge business units for use of the cloud services.
With the launch of CloudFormation, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hoping to make it easier for enterprises to put together stacks of applications and resources for its cloud computing service, the company said on Friday.
Cisco Systems has decided to kill its cloud-based e-mail service Cisco Mail, only 13 months after it was introduced, the company said in a <a href="http://blogs.cisco.com/collaboration/listening-to-our-customers/">blog post on Tuesday.</a>
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), India's largest outsourcer, is targeting small and medium-size businesses with a combination of hardware, networking, and office and business software on a pay-per-use model.
Dell said Thursday it has replaced the head of its $US8 billion services business, which it built up in late 2009 through its acquisition of Perot Systems.
Hewlett-Packard has introduced a new level of service for customers running critical business applications on virtualized, x86-based hardware, the company announced Tuesday.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has increased the maximum size of files that can be stored on its Simple Storage Service (S3) to 5TB from 5GB, Amazon said in a blog post on Thursday.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is making it possible for developers to directly integrate mobile applications for Apple's iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, and also apps for Android-based smartphones, with its cloud using two new beta SDKs (software developme...
Businesses' traditional sourcing departments fear a loss of control of software-as-a-service systems, Forrester analysts have warned ahead of a major conference next week.
Amazon Web Services has added an SLA (service level agreement) to its cloud-based content delivery service CloudFront, which now has become generally available, the company said on Tuesday.
The Oracle Applications Users Group is urging members running an older version of E-Business Suite to ensure they have all the necessary patches needed to qualify for extended support.
SAP is working with NEC to make portions of SAP's enterprise resource planning applications available via NEC's cloud infrastructure, the two companies announced on Wednesday.
No matter the outcome of Oracle and SAP's sprawling intellectual-property dispute that goes to trial Monday, it will likely fail to clear up questions that have major financial implications for software vendors and customers around the globe.
Software as a Service is on "a tear" according to new research from IDC with revenue set to grow at six times faster than all software and SaaS is expected to show compound annual growth (CAGR) of around 26 per cent up to 2014.
VMware is working on products that will give enterprises more control over Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, including how users are authenticated, company CTO Steve Herrod, said in an interview on Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD