While computers manage many things with extreme precision, they have surprising difficulty keeping track of time.
To help organizations manage internally built applications more effectively, developer software and services provider Atlassian is offering an enterprise-focused code management service based on the popular open source Git software.
Potentially offering a boost for web server software worldwide, Google has released as open source a framework for HTTP/2, the newly updated standard for transmitting Web pages and Web applications over the Internet.
Enterprise apps built with IBM's MobileFirst management and development platform can now be made more aware of their surroundings.
The hybrid cloud will be the focus of this year's IBM Interconnect cloud computing conference, as the company rolls out new offerings designed to help enterprises extend their in-house operations.
Hewlett-Packard has devised a way to run programs written in the R statistical programming language against data sets that span more than one server, potentially paving the way for large-scale, real-time predictive analytics.
Microsoft, IBM, and the Linux Foundation are among a number of organizations joining an initiative to manage Node.js, a popular runtime software that provides interactive Web interfaces for users.
Apple has upgraded its Swift programming language, promising developers improved stability, performance and some useful new features.
In a bid to make life easier for Ruby developers, Amazon Web Services has updated its SDK for the open-source programming language, allowing developers to write less code.
IBM is expanding its roster of Watson online services that can be deployed by developers to enhance their apps with analysis and data processing capabilities.
A new SAP rapid-deployment service aims to help enterprises tap its Hana in-memory database and computing platform for business-intelligence initiatives involving Big Data.
Facebook has released as open source some software modules that can speed image recognition, language modeling and other machine learning tasks, in a move to advance computer artificial intelligence for itself and others,
From ordering pizza online to pinpointing the exact location of a breaking news story, an overwhelming portion of data on the Web has geographic elements. Yet for Web developers, wrangling the most value from geospatial information remains an arduous...
Hoping to make mainframes intuitive for younger IT workers, Compuware has created development and management tools to mimic modern day interfaces and methodologies.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCAccessability TesterACT