Google may owe Oracle nearly as much money in damages as Oracle paid to buy all of Sun Microsystems, according to Oracle's paid expert in the companies' Java intellectual property dispute.
Microsoft is trying to woo Android application developers, offering them help in porting applications to Windows Phone.
Facebook, oh Facebook. Will you ever learn?
The next edition of Java has been approved by a Java Community Process executive committee, but not without some acrimony.
The World Wide Web Consortium has updated its widely used specifications for formatting the look and feel of Web pages, a standard known as CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).
Oracle wants a significant chunk of the ad revenue Google generates in connection with its Android mobile OS, according to a filing made this week in the companies' ongoing patent litigation suit.
ORLANDO -- IBM kicks off its annual Innovate Conference today with a slew of updated software life-cycle management tools to support software-development teams on a large scale.
Thanks to two brief demonstrations of Microsoft's next-generation operating system, third-party Microsoft Windows developers are expressing frustration over what they consider a lack of clear direction on how to develop applications for Windows 8.
Salesforce.com has come a long way from its beginnings as an on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor.
HTC plans to release an SDK for Sense, the user interface it features on Android phones.
Your PC's hard drive may have half a terabyte of data on its platters, and you might not remember the last time you backed any of it up. In all likelihood, though, you use only a few gigabytes' worth of files on a regular basis. With a combination of...
The federal judge overseeing the Java patent litigation between Oracle and Google has said it might be necessary to delay a trial until U.S. authorities finish re-examining a number of Oracle's patents, a process that could take years.
Software AG has entered into an agreement to acquire Terracotta, which will allow the software vendor to develop more advanced cloud services and increase the performance and scalability of its business software management tools using Terracotta's in...
Following through on a promise made last September, Oracle will now offer its legacy JRockit Java Virtual Machine (JVM) at no cost for personal and internal use.
With the next version of its Visual Studio software development environment, dubbed Visual Studio vNext, Microsoft will emphasize agile programming practices as well as linkages between development and operations units.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Security SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- CCUnix Developers - multipleACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- FTIOS Developer (Permanent) Finance CBDNSW
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW