If you're moving into the cloud, check your legacy management style at the door.
Android developers who want to keep tabs on how their apps appear to Google’s search engine got a couple of new tools on Friday.
For developers who want to expose their Web applications to other computers and Internet services, API platform vendor Apigee is offering a free online tool to help create APIs using the increasingly popular Swagger API specification.
Java's success in remaining relevant on the ever-changing landscape of software development has been its relative simplicity.
IBM is making it easier for enterprises to move their cloud workloads across different OpenStack deployments, giving them greater flexibility in where they can run their applications.
Hoping to get more developers on its side, Freescale Semiconductor has introduced a new version of its framework for creating IoT apps.
As interest grows in applications deployed in containers, questions about their security are developing as well.
With Apple offering its own tool for developers to see how their apps are selling, pressure is on specialist vendors to improve their offerings. On Wednesday, App Annie announced it had acquired mobile measurement company Mobidia to do just that.
Emojis: Kids may love their simplicity, but programmers will loathe their complexities.
At Build this week Microsoft did its best to woo developers of all kinds, offering cross-platform tools and software upgrades to improve productivity, and above all clarifying its vision for universal apps.
With the release of Application Insights, Microsoft could help organizations learn more about how well their applications are performing, how often they are used, and how to fix them when they are not operating correctly.
Build 2015 is where the Microsoft truly begins the work of selling Windows 10, starting with developers.
Toshiba is hoping developers will use its application processors to build wearable devices, and has launched hardware and software development kits to help make it happen.
Potentially making work easier for system administrators, Red Hat has updated its development packages to support running multiple versions of the same programming language on its flagship enterprise operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperWA
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management FrameworkNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA