If you're moving into the cloud, check your legacy management style at the door.
Android developers who want to keep tabs on how their apps appear to Google’s search engine got a couple of new tools on Friday.
For developers who want to expose their Web applications to other computers and Internet services, API platform vendor Apigee is offering a free online tool to help create APIs using the increasingly popular Swagger API specification.
Java's success in remaining relevant on the ever-changing landscape of software development has been its relative simplicity.
IBM is making it easier for enterprises to move their cloud workloads across different OpenStack deployments, giving them greater flexibility in where they can run their applications.
Hoping to get more developers on its side, Freescale Semiconductor has introduced a new version of its framework for creating IoT apps.
As interest grows in applications deployed in containers, questions about their security are developing as well.
With Apple offering its own tool for developers to see how their apps are selling, pressure is on specialist vendors to improve their offerings. On Wednesday, App Annie announced it had acquired mobile measurement company Mobidia to do just that.
Emojis: Kids may love their simplicity, but programmers will loathe their complexities.
At Build this week Microsoft did its best to woo developers of all kinds, offering cross-platform tools and software upgrades to improve productivity, and above all clarifying its vision for universal apps.
With the release of Application Insights, Microsoft could help organizations learn more about how well their applications are performing, how often they are used, and how to fix them when they are not operating correctly.
Build 2015 is where the Microsoft truly begins the work of selling Windows 10, starting with developers.
Toshiba is hoping developers will use its application processors to build wearable devices, and has launched hardware and software development kits to help make it happen.
Potentially making work easier for system administrators, Red Hat has updated its development packages to support running multiple versions of the same programming language on its flagship enterprise operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC