If you're moving into the cloud, check your legacy management style at the door.
Android developers who want to keep tabs on how their apps appear to Google’s search engine got a couple of new tools on Friday.
For developers who want to expose their Web applications to other computers and Internet services, API platform vendor Apigee is offering a free online tool to help create APIs using the increasingly popular Swagger API specification.
Java's success in remaining relevant on the ever-changing landscape of software development has been its relative simplicity.
IBM is making it easier for enterprises to move their cloud workloads across different OpenStack deployments, giving them greater flexibility in where they can run their applications.
Hoping to get more developers on its side, Freescale Semiconductor has introduced a new version of its framework for creating IoT apps.
As interest grows in applications deployed in containers, questions about their security are developing as well.
With Apple offering its own tool for developers to see how their apps are selling, pressure is on specialist vendors to improve their offerings. On Wednesday, App Annie announced it had acquired mobile measurement company Mobidia to do just that.
Emojis: Kids may love their simplicity, but programmers will loathe their complexities.
At Build this week Microsoft did its best to woo developers of all kinds, offering cross-platform tools and software upgrades to improve productivity, and above all clarifying its vision for universal apps.
With the release of Application Insights, Microsoft could help organizations learn more about how well their applications are performing, how often they are used, and how to fix them when they are not operating correctly.
Build 2015 is where the Microsoft truly begins the work of selling Windows 10, starting with developers.
Toshiba is hoping developers will use its application processors to build wearable devices, and has launched hardware and software development kits to help make it happen.
Potentially making work easier for system administrators, Red Hat has updated its development packages to support running multiple versions of the same programming language on its flagship enterprise operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTTester / DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCExecutive AssistantVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA