Brightcove's native plug-in architecture for its App Cloud and Application Craft's launch of Mobile Build are the latest examples of how cross-platform development tools for mobile apps are becoming increasingly cloud-centric.
Bloomberg has launched an app portal that will allow subscribers of its financial information service to access additional third-party functionality, and even contribute apps of their own.
Oracle has taken a minority stake in Engine Yard, maker of a PaaS (platform as a service) for Ruby, PHP and Node.js applications, the company announced Tuesday. Financial terms were not disclosed.
EMC CEO, Joe Tucci, hass called for CEOs to put pressure on US politicians to strike a budget deal, saying that the direction of the domestic and global economy depends on it.
Oracle is finding itself caught up in another Java-related patent lawsuit, but this time it's the one getting sued.
Hewlett-Packard is incorporating three different components, previously available separately, into its HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) automated testing application so developers can test all aspects of a multi-tiered application from a single in...
Microsoft is updating its C++ compiler for its Visual Studio 12 IDE (integrated development environment) so that Windows application developers can use parts of the latest version of the programming language, C++11.
Microsoft likes to talk about Windows 8 as being Windows "reimagined," and in many ways it is quite a departure from its predecessors. To allow the operating system's use across a range of touchscreen devices, Microsoft radically redesigned the look ...
After a year in beta, Microsoft has launched its Team Foundation Service, a hosted version of its application lifecycle management (ALM) software. Its usage, for the time being, has been limited to five or fewer users, however.
Cross-platform development frameworks such as Apache Cordova, Sencha Touch and Xamarin.Mobile are all compatible with Windows Phone 8, making it easier to create apps for the new OS while at the same time developing apps for other platforms.
One day after the launch of its next generation mobile operating system, Windows Phone 8, Microsoft has released the SDK (software development kit) that will allow programmers to write applications for the new platform.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer kicked off the company's annual Build developer conference emphasizing the momentum of the company's new Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 operating systems.
Google will give refunds to paid subscribers of App Engine, its Web application development and hosting service, which suffered a partial outage on Friday.
Oracle is augmenting its Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) to allow developers to create mobile applications for Apple and Android devices.
Ericsson has launched the world's first WebRTC-compatible browser for mobile devices, which will allow developers to integrate voice and video communications in their Web-based applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Web) 161011/AP/145Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW