Verizon Wireless will start taking pre-orders for the iPhone 4 running on its CDMA/EV-DO network on Thursday, and it will begin selling the device Feb. 10.
Mac OS X gained share last month by the largest amount since March 2010, while iOS, the operating system that powers the iPhone and iPad, passed two per cent for the first time, a Web metrics vendor said Tuesday.
Get ready for your daily dose of Rupert Murdoch. News Corp.'s iPad-only newspaper, The Daily, is set to debut Wednesday morning during an announcement at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City. Company chairman Murdoch will be on hand to make the ann...
Apple (NASDAQ – AAPL) kicked off 2011 with a series of highs and lows: The company reported that the iPhone and iPad fueled record sales, joined forces with Verizon and opened a new app store, but it also said CEO Steve Jobs was taking a medical lea...
Tablets like Apple's iPad and the upcoming BlackBerry PlayBook will change and improve the way corporate employees work and make decisions, contend IT executives at Chevron and TD Bank. Both companies are evaluating and running trials on such devices...
Apple's decision to reject Sony's e-reader application today sparked speculation that Apple would soon yank Amazon's popular Kindle software from the App Store.
Google's Chrome and Apple's Safari posted record numbers in January while Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) lost ground for the sixth month running, an Internet measurement company said today.
Apple's third beta of iOS 4.3 is now in the hands of developers. This new beta includes three separate packages: iOS, the SDK, and Apple TV Software. Typically, Apple releases three betas to its developers before seeding a Gold Master. This latest be...
Apple has been hit with another lawsuit accusing it of privacy violations for the way it shares information collected from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users with advertisers.
With the recent announcement that, at long last, Apple's iPhone is coming to Verizon Wireless's CDMA network, arguments are blazing over which smartphone operating system reigns supreme. Many Verizon customers are asking themselves whether they shoul...
Have you ever looked at a Windows Phone 7 device and thought that its UI offered a refreshing little change from the typical grid-based icon-and-folder view found in other mobile OS's?
CEOs, like children, squabble sometimes, and publicly rail against one another in the name of corporate positioning. But usually the dueling suits occupy the same product market, or are somehow competing. This doesn't appear to be the case with the g...
Imagine sitting down at a public PC, surfing the Web, visiting Facebook, checking your online bank account and buying something on Amazon.com -- all without entering passwords or credit card information.
Freedom is clearly a big theme in consumer technology marketing, going back to that iconic "1984" ad from Apple of the sledgehammer-wielding runner attacking Big Brother.
The Android mobile operating system thoroughly dominates the U.S. consumer smartphone market, while Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 OS is off to a slow start, according to a new survey by market researcher The NPD Group. And while Apple's share of th...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW