Avoid the dreaded 'battery low' message with these simple tips
Maturing technologies have made smartwatches a reality and the release of Apple’s Watch is expected to drive adoption in Australia. Testing many smartwatches has helped us grow to appreciate the features smartwatches have to offer.
Today marks the launch of Apple’s first wearable, simply called 'Watch'. Major apps are already available for download with reports claiming it is already part of an ecosystem 3000 apps strong. We’ve collated some of the best apps, from Australia and...
ONE does not simply buy an Apple Watch. The company is positioning the smartwatch less like a gadget and more like an expensive piece of jewellery, and the buying process drums up such a sense of occasion.
Sometime in late February, right when so many tech journalists were debating the merits of the presumptive Apple Car, I was careening through Marin County switchbacks in the Alfa Romeo 4C, and thanking the car gods for a snarling, stupid-fast Italian...
Sony offloading its smartphone business is bad news for every stakeholder other than its competition. It’s bad for the company, for carriers and for anybody with a smartphone. Here are the top five reasons why.
Things are changing at Microsoft. The company is embarking on a strategy that has cloud and mobile computing at its core. Software previously monopolised on Windows is being made available to customers of rivalling platforms. Investments are being ma...
Workaholics and multimedia junkies alike are spoiled for choice when it comes to 'phablets'. Apple has finally given into demand with the iPhone 6 Plus, but can it possibly stand against the Galaxy Note 4 from Samsung? We put them head-to-head.
I'm a two-smartphone kind of guy. My current smartphones of choice: The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Apple iPhone 6.
I'm a two-smartphone kind of guy. My current smartphones of choice: The Apple iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
Microsoft may be pulling the Nokia brand from Australia, but the glorious company will leave an indelible legacy. Here's but a glimpse at ten just examples.
Apple’s iPad Mini 3 scored an upgrade last week with the addition of Touch ID. Head into an Optus, Vodafone or Telstra store and you’ll spot the new tablet on sale. Good Gear Guide has crunched the numbers on the plans from Australia’s three largest ...
Not enough noise is being made over the changes to Apple’s second generation iPad Air. The gold-standard in tablets has undergone an extreme internal makeover, and yet too few are batting an eye.
Apple’s second generation iPad Air and third-gen iPad Mini have gone on sale at Vodafone, Telstra and Optus. Good Gear Guide has crunched the numbers on the plans from Australia’s three largest telcos to find out which offers the best value for mone...
Apple’s iPhone 6 is being challenged by underdog Sony, which released the Xperia Z3 Compact this week in Australia. Both smartphones are crammed with the best technologies Apple and Sony have to offer, but the feature-set couldn’t be more different. ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC