Apple is tweaking the look of its retail stores in what could be another marketing coup for the consumer electronics powerhouse.
A company called Lodsys claims to own four patents covering the in-app purchase mechanism found on iOS devices, and is seeking licensing fees from at least five individual developers. Some developers have received hand-delivered documents threatening...
With the release of iOS 4.3.3, Apple fixes the location caching issue that sparked a controversy on mobile phone privacy last month.
The revelation today that Apple iPhones and 3G-enabled iPads tracks and logs users' locations in an easily accessed file has created quite a stir. But how serious of a threat to your privacy is this data and who could be using it?
Have you heard the news? Despite every analysis we've seen over the past two years about Android dominating the mobile market, Apple's iOS is the biggest mobile operating system by a landslide.
Enough already. I'm sick of hearing about the mythical and mysterious white iPhone 4, the Loch Ness Monster of handsets. After 10 months of speculation, I really don't care. Aside from being white, it has no special attributes that can't be found it ...
The elusive, anticipated white iPhone may finally arrive in the next few weeks, according to BusinessWeek.
Tired of all the will-they, won't-they iPhone 5 stories? Or are you secretly kind of jubilant each time they pronounce the iPhone-next's arrival "later than expected"? I'm talking about those of you who picked up a Verizon iPhone 4 in February (okay,...
When you're on the go, your phone is your lifeline to the connected world. It doesn't just deliver your messages and make calls. It also tells you what you're supposed to be doing and when, and keeps you updated on all the moving variables in your wo...
A major update to Apple's iOS IDE was released a few days ago and so far Xcode 4's weaknesses greatly outweigh its strengths. After having spent a bit of time with Xcode 4, I am strongly considering going back to the old version. Google "i hate xcode...
Motorola Mobility is buying up experienced cell phone engineers, says a report from InformationWeek, and there are strong rumors the company is working on an entirely new mobile operating system. Last year Motorola was rumored to have purchased Linux...
An iPhone app that measures smartphone radiation and offers tips on minimizing absorption has been nuked by Steve Jobs.
In anticipation of a new iPhone this summer, major wireless carriers say Apple won't include Near Field Communication (NFC) technology in the iPhone 5, according to the U.K.'s The Independent. Sources at "several of the largest mobile operators in th...
Saddled with mounting complaints from parents that their kids were running up big iTunes bills Apple changed its app purchasing policies. Now parents, or kids using their parent's iPhone or iPad, will have to re-enter an iTunes password when making a...
The Apple rumor mill never runs out of material -- there's always a new story to replace the one that was just proved false.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Israeli startup says its new software would have prevented Tesla hack
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW