Apple has just launched its new flagship iPhone 5s in Australia. We've got our hands on a review unit, but what's the camera like? We've taken a quick first look.
Apple has unveiled two new iPhones, but there were no real surprises: the iPhone 5s replaces last year's iPhone 5, and the iPhone 5c is a colourful new option with an all-plastic case. We've got all the Australian details you need to know for both ne...
Apple's new iOS 7 software for iPhone, iPad and iPod devices hasn't officially been released yet, though it's expected to arrive sometime in September. If you can't wait until then, it's possible to install a beta version of iOS 7 on your device.
It's official, and it's been official for a while -- Android is far and away the most popular smartphone OS in America. Ever since January 2011, when the platform surpassed RIM to take the top spot for the first time in comScore's monthly market shar...
Wouldn't you like to have your very own gofer dedicated to doing all the menial tasks you hate? That's a big part of the appeal of the iPhone 4S: Siri, the voice-driven virtual assistant, turns anyone with a couple hundred bucks into a CEO attended b...
With Apple preparing to talk about the future of iOS at its Worldwide Developers Conference in June, and the rumor mill churning, it's time for an old tradition: the iPhone feature wish list.
Roll out the welcome wagon, Android fans: It looks like you'll soon have a new place to shop.
LG recently unveiled the Android-powered LG Optimus 2X. Powered by a 1GHz, dual-core Tegra 2 processor, LG claims the Optimus 2X will provide enhanced multimedia, gaming and Web browsing, along with the ability to multitask with "virtually no screen ...
Sony Ericsson's XPERIA Arc is the first of many XPERIA-branded Android phones to debut in 2011. Aside from the much publicised Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play, dubbed the 'PlayStation phone', the XPERIA Arc is the company's flagship smartphone for the firs...
The HTC Desire, along with the Samsung Galaxy S, is one of the most popular Android smartphones on the market in Australia. HTC has just lifted the lid on its hotly anticipated next-generation Desire, called the Desire S. Does it have what it takes t...
It's a rare week indeed that doesn't see the emergence of some fresh news of Android's ascendance, but lately the evidence has been coming particularly fast and furious, suggesting that there really is no stopping the mobile platform--at least not an...
The Samsung Galaxy S, along with the HTC Desire, is one of the most popular Android smartphones on the market in Australia. Samsung has just lifted the lid on its hotly anticipated next-generation Galaxy S, aptly titled the Galaxy S II. Does it have ...
One can only hope that security software provider Trend Micro saw a nice sales boost after the proclamation of its chairman earlier this week that Android phones are more vulnerable to hacking than iPhones are. If it didn't, those blatantly self-serv...
Google's Android mobile platform may still follow Apple's iPhone in the smartphone race, according to fresh Nielsen data released Monday, but that advantage may not last long.
Retailers use various marketing and technical terms to describe the smartphones they sell. Some of those terms represent meaningful phone characteristics, while others are mostly hype. To help smartphone shoppers understand what they're looking at, w...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
- Portrait Camera now available for iPhone 7 as Apple releases iOS 10.1 update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Manager, Digital Analytics and Customer InsightsNSW
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user computing (EUC) experienceNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- CCHelpdesk/Desktop supportVIC
- CCData ScientistVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Voice & VideoACT
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectSA
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTInformation Security AdvisorNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTCRM AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Software DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW