At the TED conference last week, Wired magazine showed off a new digital version of its publication that's targeted at tablets like Apple Inc.'s iPad that relies on software built by Adobe Systems Inc.
According to one medical software vendor, physicians are already warming up to Apple's coming tablet, the iPad, with 22 per cent percent of clinicians in a survey saying they plan to purchase the device within a year.
Australian telcos have expressed interest in releasing micro-SIMs compatible with the recently announced Apple iPad.
Apple's iPad is a multi-function device that focuses on multimedia and some productivity apps, but also functions as an e-reader with a new iBook store of EPub format books.
Despite its reputation as a consumer device, the presence of the iPhone, and soon the iPad, in the business environment cannot be ignored. IT Administrators at businesses of all sizes must address the challenge of integrating the devices and providin...
It looks like Apple's iPad really is magical after all. Marketing materials for the iPad mysteriously morphed overnight following complaints that they misleadingly depicted the device showing Flash-based content. As of Saturday morning, presto-change...
Though the Apple iPad's interface may look familiar (see our hands-on impressions for more on the iPad), the hardware is clearly bigger than its iPhone/iPod Touch siblings.
Apple has finally revealed its hotly anticipated tablet, the iPad, and initial reactions have been mixed.
Apple's A4 chip, being used in the iPad, could ultimately provide a speed bump to future versions of the company's iPhone, analysts said on Thursday.
Adobe Systems reached out to Flash developers in the wake of Apple's iPad announcement, saying it plans to add support for the iPad's higher screen resolution to its upcoming Packager for iPhone development tool.
Twitter appears to have mostly held up under the barrage of tweets hitting the micro-blogging site during Apple's announcement of the iPad today.
Apple is not yet taking orders for the iPad, even though CEO Steve Jobs promised today that that the tablet would be available within 60 days.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystQLD
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- TPIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW