The latest leaked next-generation iPhone, which includes the same processor that powers the iPad, is probably a production or near-production unit, a hardware expert said today.
Apple Inc.'s iPad had a "tremendous" impact on Wi-Fi networks in airports, cafes and hotels in its first month, according to measurements of network activity at 30,000 public hot spots in North America.
After supply shortages marred the iPad's international launch, Apple has regrouped and is ready to take its vision of revolutionary computing overseas.
If you're planning to trot down to your local Apple Store this weekend and buy a shiny new iPad 3G, don't bother. Apple's retail outlets across the U.S. have already sold out of the 3G models, which went on sale just last week.
Nokia today expanded its legal attack against rival Apple to the iPad, alleging that Apple's tablet and iPhone violate five Nokia patents, federal court documents show.
The average iPad app in the Apple App Store costs $4.67 vs. $3.87 for the average iPhone app, according to new research from apps watcher Distimo.
The new >iPad 3G no sooner went on sale Friday in the US than iFixit got to work looking at the tablet computer's insides, which include five antennas to ensure Internet access.
Recent rumors suggest Hewlett Packard may be killing its Windows 7-based tablet device slated for release later this year. Instead, HP may look to build a one-panel slate computer based on the Palm Web OS, according to a report by TechCrunch. HP, t...
Netbook pioneer Asustek Computer believes its popular Eee PC netbook family will continue to attract more buyers than tablet devices such as Apple's iPad.
Israel lifted a ban on imports of Apple's iPad on Sunday, saying the device conforms with local wireless standards, the government said.
Hackers are targeting iPad users with bogus update messages that dupe them into downloading malicious code onto their Windows PCs, a security researcher said today.
The iPad appears to be selling well in Asia despite the fact that Apple's official overseas launch isn't until the end of May, as specialty stores obtain them to resell at premium prices and travelers to the U.S. bring them home.
Google gobbled up the chip-making startup Agnilux, whose employees were behind Apple's A4 iPad processor. Google didn't say specifically why it bought Agnilux, but many theorize it's to help build mobile chips for Android or Chrome OS mobile devices.
Apple today said that the more expensive iPad models that connect to the Internet using AT&T's wireless network will go on sale April 30 in the US, barely meeting the company's self-imposed deadline to ship the tablet by the end of the month.
Just what Apple needed to hype its latest product even more: A photo of Norway's Prime Minister running his country from his iPad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW