The latest leaked next-generation iPhone, which includes the same processor that powers the iPad, is probably a production or near-production unit, a hardware expert said today.
Apple Inc.'s iPad had a "tremendous" impact on Wi-Fi networks in airports, cafes and hotels in its first month, according to measurements of network activity at 30,000 public hot spots in North America.
After supply shortages marred the iPad's international launch, Apple has regrouped and is ready to take its vision of revolutionary computing overseas.
If you're planning to trot down to your local Apple Store this weekend and buy a shiny new iPad 3G, don't bother. Apple's retail outlets across the U.S. have already sold out of the 3G models, which went on sale just last week.
Nokia today expanded its legal attack against rival Apple to the iPad, alleging that Apple's tablet and iPhone violate five Nokia patents, federal court documents show.
The average iPad app in the Apple App Store costs $4.67 vs. $3.87 for the average iPhone app, according to new research from apps watcher Distimo.
The new >iPad 3G no sooner went on sale Friday in the US than iFixit got to work looking at the tablet computer's insides, which include five antennas to ensure Internet access.
Recent rumors suggest Hewlett Packard may be killing its Windows 7-based tablet device slated for release later this year. Instead, HP may look to build a one-panel slate computer based on the Palm Web OS, according to a report by TechCrunch. HP, t...
Netbook pioneer Asustek Computer believes its popular Eee PC netbook family will continue to attract more buyers than tablet devices such as Apple's iPad.
Israel lifted a ban on imports of Apple's iPad on Sunday, saying the device conforms with local wireless standards, the government said.
Hackers are targeting iPad users with bogus update messages that dupe them into downloading malicious code onto their Windows PCs, a security researcher said today.
The iPad appears to be selling well in Asia despite the fact that Apple's official overseas launch isn't until the end of May, as specialty stores obtain them to resell at premium prices and travelers to the U.S. bring them home.
Google gobbled up the chip-making startup Agnilux, whose employees were behind Apple's A4 iPad processor. Google didn't say specifically why it bought Agnilux, but many theorize it's to help build mobile chips for Android or Chrome OS mobile devices.
Apple today said that the more expensive iPad models that connect to the Internet using AT&T's wireless network will go on sale April 30 in the US, barely meeting the company's self-imposed deadline to ship the tablet by the end of the month.
Just what Apple needed to hype its latest product even more: A photo of Norway's Prime Minister running his country from his iPad.
Latest News Articles
- US lawmaker asks FTC to probe implications of Facebook 'big data' experiment
- TP-Link Archer D7 AC1750 Wireless Modem Router
- Google, Dropbox band together to fight patent trolls
- IBM rethinking decades-old computer design with $US3 billion investment
- Microsoft settles with No-IP in botnet hunt, after seizing its domains
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 5 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTHead of Service ExperienceNZ
- CCeFinance Change ManagerNSW
- FTService Operations DirectorNZ
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTTechnology Development DirectorNZ
- FTRelationship/Partnerships ManagerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Engineer - RightFaxVIC
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW