Our colleagues in the US have labelled the iPad the 'children's toy of the year'. There is no doubting the iPad's potential as a learning device, and we've rounded up some of the best educational and fun iPad apps for youngsters.
Although popular turn-by-turn GPS apps for the iPhone, like Navigon's MobileNavigator and TomTom's Australia are yet to make an appearance on the iPad, there are plenty of other GPS apps available in the App Store.
Research in Motion (RIM), makers of BlackBerry smartphones, recently unveiled the "enterprise-ready" 7in touchscreen BlackBerry Playbook tablet, which is set to go head to head with the Apple iPad.
The iPad has been described as a revolutionary device, and it offers a world of possibilities when it comes to games.
Research in Motion's tablet, rumored for months, is nearly official, according to the Wall Street Journal's unnamed sources. If the report is accurate, RIM could reveal the so-called BlackPad next week during a developer conference in San Francisco.
It's all been speculation and rumor for the last year, but now that the Wall Street Journal has joined the rumor mill, many are saying that Research in Motion will launch its top-secret "BlackPad", or Blackberry tablet, in San Francisco on Monday.
With the impending launch of the Samsung Galaxy Tab, Android will finally have a tablet worthy of competing against the Apple iPad.
Google on Monday announced that it will introduce versions of Google Docs for tablets running both the Android and Apple iOS4 mobile operating systems.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab will be available soon in the United States through all four major wireless carriers.
If you were to take a quick glance at today's tech headlines, you might think hell had frozen over.
Samsung has finally released its Galaxy Tab Android tablet, which is set to go head to head with the Apple iPad.
Autodesk announced that it is bringing AutoCAD back to the Mac, and also adding AutoCAD apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
With more than a million units sold in its first month, it's pretty clear that Apple's iPad touchscreen tablet has been a success so far.
Dell's Streak may look like a huge smartphone, but its form factor means it's a hybrid device that sits somewhere between a largish touchscreen phone like the HTC Desire and Apple's iPad tablet.
The Apple iPad has been an unqualified success with consumers, but it's a harder sell in the businesse market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCIP & Fixed LeadVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW