The iPad mini with Retina display is a fantastic and hugely enticing tablet
A clear winner in the large tablet market, and perhaps the best consumer-based tablet ever made
The Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard mini is basically a shrunken version of the original model
A reasonably good protective case with a cramped keyboard
Apple's new iPad remains the tablet to beat, but this is a minor upgrade over its predecessor
apple ipad in pictures
The Apple iPad 2 improves on the original iPad with more processing and graphics power, and some nifty features like a built-in gyroscope and accelerometer. The best way to show off these new features is by playing a bunch of fun games — we've put together a list of the top 10 titles to show off your iPad 2. Make anyone with an original iPad jealous, and convince your tablet-less friends to pick one up!
Here are some of the top iPad apps to help you in the workplace.
The potential of the iPad as an educational tool is slowly being unlocked, with the University of Adelaide handing out iPads to science students. Schools in Tasmania have been investigating Apple's tablet too. We've rounded up some of the best education apps available for the iPad.
Our colleagues in the US have labelled the iPad the 'children's toy of the year'. There is no doubting the iPad's potential as a learning device, and we've rounded up some of the best educational and fun iPad apps for youngsters.
Optus has finally announced its pricing plans for Apple's new iPad Air tablet, with the telco offering the new tablet on both 12 and 24 month contracts.
Vodafone has announced its pricing plans for Apple's new iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display tablets, but will only sell selected models.
Telstra has announced its pricing plans for Apple's new iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display tablets.
We believe Apple will introduce the iPad 5 at a separate event in October, just like last year, and push the release date of the iPad 5, as well as the sequel to last year's iPad Mini, to late October 2013.
Apple made a point of doing a side-by-side comparison of its new iPad Mini with Google's Nexus 7 at the launch event Tuesday in San Jose, highlighting the mini tablet's thinness, larger viewable screen area and custom app compatibility.
Apple's iOS 4 enables multitasking and other new and useful features, but the iPad can't join the party until this fall. If you jailbreak your iPad, however, you can multitask today--and that's just the beginning.
The iPad has recently been jailbroken. Even if you've held off jailbreaking your other iPhone OS devices, the iPad's substantially faster hardware and difficult-to-define "3rd device" role make the best case yet for jailbreaking. A user- and develop...
The iPad is loaded with all kinds of features you've probably heard about, but look a little deeper, and its extra abilities might surprise you. Some of these secrets are enabled through apps, while some are built into the device already.
For every flaw in Apple's iPad, there's a fix just waiting to be found.
Whether you want a large tablet, a smaller screened device, or you're looking for great value, here are the best tablets you can buy right now.
Apple's new iOS 7 software for iPhone, iPad and iPod devices hasn't officially been released yet, though it's expected to arrive sometime in September. If you can't wait until then, it's possible to install a beta version of iOS 7 on your device.
Apple's new iPad mini officially went on sale across Australia this morning and we've got one in our hands. Here's our brief first impressions.
Apple's hotly anticipated iPad 2 has finally in Australia, and it is predictably flying off the shelves. If you're not interested in Apple's tablet at all, there are some valid alternatives to the iPad 2, headed by the Android-powered Samsung Galaxy ...
Odds are, if you ask anyone waiting in line for an iPad 2, they'll list plenty of reasons why they're lusting after Apple's latest camera(s)-equipped tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TPLevel 2-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC