Livescribe's new smartpen aims to move away from being classified as a gadget type product in order to become more of a "high quality writing implement", the company says.
Apple's iOS is closing the gap on rival Android in the US market, according to new statistics released today by Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, which says that the three months that ended in May 2013 saw iOS' share of the American smartphone market grow b...
Apple has seen its share of smartphone sales overtaken by Android devices in recent months, and now, according to a report from a British newspaper, it could be in the process of losing the lead in app downloads as well.
Every week at PC World, we are aiming to bring you a smartphone or tablet app of the week, based on the lovely recommendations by our senior editorial staff.
Apple's iOS-based iPhone continues to be the preferred smartphone for nearly 50% of consumers, with Android the top choice for about one-third of them. The real surprise is evidence that Windows Phone OS now outstrips Android in user satisfaction.
Apple's Tim Cook has kicked back against critics with new iPhones, the Apple Watch and future big business, Apple Pay, but there are some questions for Apple fans:
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW