Google's AdMob business could not deliver advertising through iAd if Apple began enforcing a policy that restricts the involvement of companies that have their own mobile operating systems, said Omar Hamoui, vice president of mobile ads at Google.
U.S. regulators are planning to investigate whether Apple is shutting out third parties such as Google and Microsoft in advertising the iPhone and iPad, according to a report published by the Financial Times on Thursday.
Google today attacked Apple's apparent decision to ban some third-party ad networks from collecting ad performance data on the iPhone and iPad.
After intense scrutiny to ensure the acquisition won't make Google a de facto monopoly in mobile advertising, Google's purchase of AdMob got the regulatory green light and was finalized this past week. The upcoming launch of Apple iAds played a funda...
The early returns are rolling in on Apple's iAd mobile advertising platform, and so far the results seem mixed.
If you read the most recent revision of Apple's developer terms, it sure sounds like Apple is trying to keep its ad-rival--Google's recently acquired AdMob--off of the iPhone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer- LinuxWA
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA