System administrators take note: That mobile employee expense app you're building should be every bit as easy to use as Facebook. Oh, and you better deliver it quickly too, because that's how Facebook rolls.
Enterprises are increasingly interested in developing apps for Android-based smartphones and tablets, showing how Google's OS is becoming more accepted, according to a poll. At the same time fewer are willing to spend resources on Microsoft's OSes.
Mobile application development tools vendor Appcelerator has acquired Singly, a provider of API (application programming interface) management software, the two companies announced.
Developers find Firefox OS the most compelling among new smartphone OSes, generating more interest than Tizen and BlackBerry 10, even though no commercial products have been launched for it yet.
Appcelerator, whose Titanium platform is used to develop cross-platform apps for smartphones and tablets, has opened Open Mobile Marketplace, a store where developers can download modules to expand the functionality of Titanium and more easily add fe...
Web developers can tackle Apple iPhone and Google Android application-building on a development single platform with the pending release of the open source Appcelerator Titanium platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCData and Business AnalystACT
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW