The antivirus engine used in multiple Symantec products had an easy to exploit vulnerability that could have allowed hackers to easily compromise computers.
Google has reduced spam reaching inboxes to a fraction of a percent, but in the process sometimes misclassifies bulk-mailed messages like monthly statements and ticket receipts.
Several antivirus products from security firm ESET had a critical vulnerability that was easy to exploit and could lead to a full system compromise.
Windows 10 will have a new mechanism that will allow software developers to integrate their applications with whatever antimalware programs exist on users' computers.
In an era when businesses are scrambling to defend against sophisticated advanced persistent threats (APTs), signature-based antivirus may seem like a relic.
Security vendor Malwarebytes has flagged the Dell System Detect tool as a potentially unwanted application after older versions of the program were found to put computers at risk.
This app could save your older Android phone from being hijacked. Specifically, the Installer Hijacking Scanner app from the Google Play store is designed to check for a vulnerability that was discovered over a year ago and still hasn't been resolved...
In addition to personal phone numbers and email addresses for hundreds of people who corresponded with him, there's something else inside the cache of emails that Jeb Bush released this week: computer viruses.
VirusTotal, a Google-owned online malware scanning service, is creating a whitelist of products from large software vendors to reduce bad detections by antivirus programs.
Facebook has partnered with antivirus firm ESET to offer users the ability to scan their computers for malware directly from inside the social networking site.
Antivirus firm Bitdefender unveiled a hardware security appliance for home networks Tuesday that aims to protect devices by scanning network traffic to detect and block potential security threats.
A new malware program called Poweliks attempts to evade detection and analysis by running entirely from the system registry without creating files on disk, security researchers warn.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
Following a downward trend during the past two years, the number of new rootkit samples rose in the first quarter of this year to a level not seen since 2011, according to statistics from security vendor McAfee.
A vulnerability allows attackers to disable Microsoft's antimalware products by sending specifically crafted files to users via websites, email or instant messaging applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
- How Moto Mods went from concept to product
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCStrategic Planning OfficerACT
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC