Europe's top antitrust chief is reportedly ready to file formal charges against Google accusing the company of violating the EU's antitrust laws, advancing a five-year investigation that could lead to fines or changes in Google's businesses overseas.
The European Commission plans a competition inquiry into cross-border trading by companies such as Amazon.com.
European Union antitrust investigators have raided the offices of a number of companies involved in the online sale of consumer electronics products, officials said Wednesday.
A leaked report by U.S. Federal Trade Commission staff gives the European Commission political cover to rule against Google as it moves forward with its own antitrust inquiry, sources familiar with the process said.
The European Commission's antitrust investigation into Google's search practices should be resolved right away, because otherwise it risks losing its credibility on digital issues, according to Members of the European Parliament (MEPs).
Google chairman Eric Schmidt and other company officials have met with the EU Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager to discuss the ongoing antitrust investigation into Google's search practices.
A proposed US$415 million settlement between tech workers and Intel, Google, Apple and Adobe Systems is likely to be approved by the judge, according to some of the lawyers in the case.
A U.S. federal judge has dismissed an antitrust lawsuit that charges Google harmed consumers by forcing Android handset makers to use its apps by default, but gave the plaintiffs three weeks to amend their complaint.
Russia's top competition watchdog has apparently opened an investigation into Google over possible violations of anti-monopoly law, the latest in a string of legal challenges Google faces from regulators overseas.
Facebook wants us all to create VR content ... Lenovo tests ARM server waters with prototype ... Big data vendors find common ground ... and more tech news
Russian search engine Yandex has accused Google of illegally favoring its own services by forcing Android device manufacturers to install its own apps and exclude apps from competitors.
Just days after settling with the Chinese government over claims it abused its market dominance, Qualcomm may be investigated in South Korea over the same issue.
Ohio has closed an antitrust investigation into Google's business practices that dates back more than three years, though a probe in Mississippi appears to be ongoing.
Intel and three other tech companies, accused of conspiring to prevent the poaching of each other's employees, have reached a new settlement with the workers.
Microsoft has retired the browser choice screen it agreed to show new Windows users in the European Union as part of an antitrust settlement.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW