Researchers from Stanford University have developed an automated tool that is capable of deciphering text-based anti-spam tests used by many popular websites with a significant degree of accuracy.
Zero-day exploits are nerve-racking for IT professionals but are far less dangerous than unpatched older vulnerabilities for which fixes are available, Microsoft says.
All the major Web-based email services have junk mail folders and spam filters that strain out obvious offenders. Categorizing messages and filtering out those you don’t want may help, but limits control. It would be nice just to tell your email prog...
Facebook has partnered with security vendor Websense to protect its users from third-party malicious URLs spammed on the social networking website, the companies said on Monday.
The latest social engineering trick to get victims to open malicious email attachments accuses them of being spammers and threatens to sue them if they don't stop.
Google appears to be getting ready to launch another offensive against website scrapers.
Spam - particularly the kind with malicious attachments - is exploding, reaching a two-year high overall, which includes the spike last fall just before the SpamIt operation folded its doors, a security firm says.
Career criminal Willie Sutton was often quoted saying that he robbed banks "because that's where the money is." The legend sounds good, but Sutton actually said in his biography, "Go where the money is...and go there often."
An explosion in mobile malware in the first half of 2011 has exponentially increased the chance of an Android device getting infected according to one study. Unfortunately for Android users, another study shows that they are the least aware of securi...
According to some headlines, the sky is falling on Android. No, I am not referring to the headlines predicting that the iPhone 5 will double Apple's smartphone market share and leave Android in its dust. I am referring to reports that a new Trojan ha...
Google has started to move e-mail security features from its Postini service directly into its Google Apps collaboration and communication suite.
The Google+ social networking site malfunctioned this weekend, spamming its users with repeated notifications via e-mail.
Worms, denial-of-service attacks and spam just aren't paying out like they used to. That's what Cisco Systems found when it took a close look at the illegal marketplace for scammers and spammers.
It has been the busiest quarter on record for malware according to a new report from McAfee. The McAfee Threats Report: First Quarter 2011 claims six million unique malware samples were recorded during the first quarter of 2011, and also points out t...
There is a new world order. MacDefender, and subsequently MacGuard, demonstrate that the inherent security by obscurity of the Mac is fading, and that attackers are looking at the bigger picture.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT