Android Market's instant-download feature for applications that customers buy has a flaw: It could open up Android devices to malicious downloads from attackers, according to security firm Sophos.
Kasperesky Lab says the anti-virus source code that one of its employees stole three years ago and distributed online cannot harm customers of the company's current products.
The Stuxnet worm attack known to have struck computers at the Russian-built Iranian Bushehr nuclear plant in Iran has serious implications and could have caused "another Chernobyl," a Russian ambassador is said to have advised NATO yesterday, accordi...
Security firm NetWitness today announced Spectrum, an appliance for enabling automated malware analysis that works in conjunction with the company's traffic-analysis gear used to spot threats and policy violations.
The University of Southern California has signed a 5-year, $16 million contract with the Department of Homeland Security to expand USC's DETERlab "mini-Internet" security testbed.
A Sophos IT security consultant has issued a warning not to fall prey to malware that uses a PowerPoint presentation demonstrating sexual positions from the Kama Sutra as its lure.
Sourcefire today announced it has acquired start-up Immunet for $21 million, including $17 million paid at closing and $4 million expected to be paid over the next 18 months upon “achievement of product-delivery milestones related to the enterprise v...
The infamous Rustock botnet, responsible for almost half of all spam sent last year through its command-and-control system exploiting over a million compromised PCs, has suddenly slowed to a crawl, Symantec said today, noting the unexplained event ha...
Imperva Monday announced its spinoff company Incapsula will start providing cloud-based Web application firewall services early next year with a focus on smaller businesses.
That old phrase SNAFU ("Situation Normal, All F---ked Up!") certainly describes our choices for 2010's top 10 security screw-ups.
Fortinet today introduced a high-speed security blade that combines a slew of capabilities -- including firewall, VPN, intrusion prevention, identity-based application controls, anti-virus, anti-spam and Web filtering -- and delivers up to 40G bit/se...
AVG Technologies Tuesday announced plans to buy out Israel-based start-up DroidSecurity for an undisclosed price by year-end.
Today's state-of-the-art network security appliances do a great job of keeping the cyber monsters from invading your business. But what do you do when the monster is actually inside the security perimeter? Unfortunately, all of the crosses, garlic, w...
When the zero-day attack known as the "Here You Have" virus not long ago hit about 500 PCs at the Salt River Project, a large public power utility and water supplier for Arizona, it turned out that the antivirus software in use provided no defense.
Targeted attacks via fraudulent and dangerous e-mail are on the rise, according to a Symantec report published today. These attacks are typically aimed at corporative executives, to fool them into opening malicious attachments or links so the perpetr...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCVMware Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW