Siemens said it intends to fix a vulnerability discovered in its industrial control system products, but the NSS Labs researcher who found the bug says the company seems to be downplaying the seriousness of the problem to save face.
Symbian and Microsoft Windows Mobile platforms have been the proving ground for mobile malware over the past five years, but a new Juniper Networks report states that Google Android now takes "the crown" as the platform getting the most attention fro...
Citing a rise in the number and scope of distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks across the Internet, Verisign is expanding its cloud-based DDoS protection service to cover small and midsize businesses that are increasingly frequent targets.
The worldwide hacker group Anonymous may have played a role - even unwittingly - in the theft of personal data from 77 million Sony PlayStation Network customers, according to a letter from Sony's chairman to a Congressional committee.
While a company can do everything possible for its own network security, in the age of e-commerce and online banking that's not enough.
Verizon's just-released "2011 Data Breach Investigations Report" says businesses could prevent most data breaches if they stick to security principles that are cheap and easy to implement.
Criminals carried out more but smaller data thefts last year than in previous years, indicating a shift toward simpler exploits that run lower risk of punishment, according to Verizon's latest data breach report.
As smartphones have grown more powerful and complex, so have the threats against them.
A new week, a new rash of attacks against security vendors, email marketers and banks. It would be easy to point fingers and laugh at the irony, especially in the case of security vendors, but that would be both petty and shortsighted.
A new phishing scam that targets bank and PayPal passwords and other consumer data that criminals use to loot private accounts is designed to beat security built in to Firefox and Chrome Web browsers.
A spike in attacks against IP PBXs that started last fall shows no signs of abating, spawning speculation that those responsible have tapped intobotnets and cloud computing resources to carry out their illegal activities.
Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks like the ones that nailed WordPress blogs in early March have been around for decades, but it's only in the last dozen years that they've had enough impact to grab public attention.
The Google Android Market for apps is supposed to be an apps showplace, but the fact that Google this week yanked down about 50 Android apps it found out were malicious came as something of a jolt to many in the security industry.
What's "pervasive memory scraping" and why is it considered by SANS Institute security researchers to be among the most dangerous attack techniques likely to be used in coming the coming year?
E-mails stolen by hactivist group Anonymous indicate that the security company it targeted was proposing to make a “new breed of rootkit” and that it passed along the plan to a technology firm that caters to the federal government.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCService DeskWA