While it's still unclear when Apple will reveal its iPhone 6, iPad 5 or iOS 7 (or whatever it calls its next smartphone, tablet and operating system), the longer we wait the more intriguing ideas are being floated by would-be Apple designers.
Not content with merely repeating unsubstantiated iPhone 6 rumors, the iOSphere this week turned to original research and to reading entrails, otherwise known as job postings. The results were, uh, mixed.
The Third Law of Rumors says that the less you know, the more you can say. And the iOSphere this week swelled with iPad rumors that relied heavily on what people don't know.
If you don't know what the Next iPad will be like, you can at least know when it's going to be announced. This week: the iPad 5 Dating Game, iOSphere-style.
In the iOSphere one doesn't need sources for rumours. Just unhinge one's imagination, propose a couple of untenable hypotheses, and deduce.
Now that the Galaxy S 4 has finally landed and the Android blogosphere collectively cries out for something else to obsess over, it's interesting to look at what the reaction to the official unveiling of The Next Big Thing™©® has been like.
The iOSphere is gripped in a rumor drought regarding the iPad 5 and iPad mini 2. Most of this week's buzz was over a blogpost that claims an "April-ish" release for the Next iPads. Potentially. Maybe.
Samsung, which on March 14 plans to reveal in New York City the much anticipated Android-powered Galaxy S4 smartphone, today has begun teasing the product in an ad designed to ramp up the hype.
Guy Kawasaki, venture capitalist and former Apple chief evangelist, announced this week that he has taken on advisory work for Motorola Mobility - which is owned by rival Google.
Now that there's a Samsung Galaxy S IV release date, are we getting less excited about the smartphone?
Finally. After months and months of hype, speculation, gossip and rumor, it's finally official: The Samsung Galaxy S IV has been released. Or, at least, it kind of feels like it has.
A steady stream of iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 concept images and videos continues to materialise, including a couple of new ones that envision Apple's latest designs looking more and more like some of Samsung's products.
The iOSphere resolutely ignored the Lessons of History and embraced, yet again, the conviction that iPad accessory manufacturers know what's really happening with the iPad 5 tablet computer.
After months of rumor and speculation, Samsung finally confirmed this weekend that the Galaxy S IV would be rolled out at a March 14 press event in New York.
The number of distinct Android malware specimens detected will reach 1 million this year, predicts Trend Micro in its annual security roundup report, noting that the surge in Android malware has grown at a faster clip in three years than was seen in ...
Is HTC going to turn its recent run of strong releases into meaningful, long-term pressure on Android market leader Samsung? It's certainly starting to look that way, thanks to a new burst of rumors about the Taiwanese company's possible M7 flagship ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSalesforce AnalystQLD
- FTOperational Safety Project ManagersSA
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- TPPMO Lead - Large Government Dept - 12 Month ContractQLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- TPSharePoint DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW