While it's still unclear when Apple will reveal its iPhone 6, iPad 5 or iOS 7 (or whatever it calls its next smartphone, tablet and operating system), the longer we wait the more intriguing ideas are being floated by would-be Apple designers.
Not content with merely repeating unsubstantiated iPhone 6 rumors, the iOSphere this week turned to original research and to reading entrails, otherwise known as job postings. The results were, uh, mixed.
The Third Law of Rumors says that the less you know, the more you can say. And the iOSphere this week swelled with iPad rumors that relied heavily on what people don't know.
If you don't know what the Next iPad will be like, you can at least know when it's going to be announced. This week: the iPad 5 Dating Game, iOSphere-style.
In the iOSphere one doesn't need sources for rumours. Just unhinge one's imagination, propose a couple of untenable hypotheses, and deduce.
Now that the Galaxy S 4 has finally landed and the Android blogosphere collectively cries out for something else to obsess over, it's interesting to look at what the reaction to the official unveiling of The Next Big Thing™©® has been like.
The iOSphere is gripped in a rumor drought regarding the iPad 5 and iPad mini 2. Most of this week's buzz was over a blogpost that claims an "April-ish" release for the Next iPads. Potentially. Maybe.
Samsung, which on March 14 plans to reveal in New York City the much anticipated Android-powered Galaxy S4 smartphone, today has begun teasing the product in an ad designed to ramp up the hype.
Guy Kawasaki, venture capitalist and former Apple chief evangelist, announced this week that he has taken on advisory work for Motorola Mobility - which is owned by rival Google.
Now that there's a Samsung Galaxy S IV release date, are we getting less excited about the smartphone?
Finally. After months and months of hype, speculation, gossip and rumor, it's finally official: The Samsung Galaxy S IV has been released. Or, at least, it kind of feels like it has.
A steady stream of iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 concept images and videos continues to materialise, including a couple of new ones that envision Apple's latest designs looking more and more like some of Samsung's products.
The iOSphere resolutely ignored the Lessons of History and embraced, yet again, the conviction that iPad accessory manufacturers know what's really happening with the iPad 5 tablet computer.
After months of rumor and speculation, Samsung finally confirmed this weekend that the Galaxy S IV would be rolled out at a March 14 press event in New York.
The number of distinct Android malware specimens detected will reach 1 million this year, predicts Trend Micro in its annual security roundup report, noting that the surge in Android malware has grown at a faster clip in three years than was seen in ...
Is HTC going to turn its recent run of strong releases into meaningful, long-term pressure on Android market leader Samsung? It's certainly starting to look that way, thanks to a new burst of rumors about the Taiwanese company's possible M7 flagship ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC