Checks and guesses spurred rumors that Apple has begun shipping raw synthetic sapphire material to Asia for processing into iPhone 6 display covers. One analyst estimated the amount shipped would be good for... maybe 115,000 covers.
Nine million new iPhone buyers can't be right. They should have waited until January or June or September 2014 for the big-screened iPhone 6.
A month after its release, iOS 7 is running on almost three-quarters of active iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads. But its adoption is still somewhat slower than that of iOS 6.
There are endless blogposts and debates on when and whether and how to update iOS 7. Here are some steps suggested by Mike Reed, a solutions engineer who works with enterprise customers for MobileIron, a mobile device management vendor.
Microsoft and its latest purchase target, Nokia, have lined up big announcements on September 23 and October 22, both likely to involve some form of tablets.
One of the big surprises in Apple's iPhone 5c announcement was the pricing, which was much higher than nearly everyone expected. What is Apple doing...and why?
BlackBerry is taking steps to spin off its BlackBerry Messenger instant messaging software as a separate company, as it continues to explore a range of "strategic alternatives" after its new BlackBerry 10 smartphones have achieved only modest sales.
Though still unsubstantiated, a low-cost iPhone is now widely seen as a possible product announcement in early September, along with a new high-end phone. And it's finally possible to create a coherent explanation of why such a move makes sense for A...
Patents, or patent applications, had the iOSphere swooning and agog over the prospect of a camera with not one or even two lenses, but three. Which obviously must be better than a camera with only one, or even two lenses.
The long-rumoured cheap, plastic iPhone is "confirmed" by a report on labor practices at the Chinese manufacturer that is assembling the device, according to the interpretation of some bloggers and tech news sites.
Perhaps the iOSphere is exhausted or suffering a post-adrenaline crash, but some this week have actually suggested that consumers will ignore iPhone 5S, setting their hopes on the Radically New and Innovative iPhone 6 in 2014.
The latest major version of Android, known as Jelly Bean, is now the most widely used variant of the platform, according to new statistics from Google.
We believe Apple will introduce the iPad 5 at a separate event in October, just like last year, and push the release date of the iPad 5, as well as the sequel to last year's iPad Mini, to late October 2013.
This week the iOSphere faced the unthinkable: an iPad mini 2 that has the same resolution as the iPad mini 1. Where is innovation when you need it?
As last week's Apple WWDC faded in the rear view mirror, the iOSphere hungered for more. And the hunger gave birth to hope, and hope to more rumors, including the one that predicts iPad 5 will be announced this week to foil and foul Samsung's schedul...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA