LG Electronics' G4 is a high-end smartphone with a removable battery and a microSD card slot, but its design falls short when compared with other expensive devices.
LG Electronics is giving its latest flagship smartphone, the leather-covered G4, a big removable battery and a power-efficient processor, hoping a long battery life will help it stand out among tough competitors.
Cyanogen, the maker of an Android-based operating system, is hoping it can expand with the help of Chinese handset vendors with global ambitions.
Targeting sales of 80 million phones this year, Xiaomi is planning to end "flash sales" of small quantities of its best-selling products.
A third horse is emerging in the tablet market as pioneer Apple faces competition from Microsoft as the launch of Windows 10 nears.
The success of LG Electronics' G3 has put the company under pressure to dazzle the market with the G4, set to debut Tuesday. The company is hoping that an improved display, upgraded camera and a new design will do the trick.
Xiaomi is hoping the well-equipped Mi 4i will help the company grab a larger smartphone market share, but it's still holding off entering the U.S, and Europe.
Sony's decision to launch its new high-end smartphone, the Xperia Z4, only in Japan, shows its hesitancy about this market and puts into question its commitment to it.
Following lavish global launches from Samsung and HTC comes the quiet unveiling of Sony’s Xperia Z4 flagship in its home country of Japan.
Sony has announced its new flagship smartphone, the Xperia Z4, that will ship in summer in the Japanese market.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 is now the benchmark for high-end smartphones running Android, but there are lots of challengers, including the new P8 from Huawei Technologies.
Microsoft's mobile apps will be integrated into a future version of Cyanogen's Android-based operating system, as CEO Satya Nadella steps up efforts to make the company's software more popular on Google's platform.
Huawei Technologies is betting its all-metal P8 and the P8max will help the company make further inroads into the high end of the smartphone market.
LG Electronics is recruiting an army of social media users to test and talk up the company's new G4 smartphone ahead of its official launch on April 28.
Samsung Electronics expects first quarter profits to drop by more than 30 percent, marking the sixth straight quarterly decline at the company, which is struggling to compete with Apple at the top of the smartphone market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC