With less than a week left until the event at which Samsung Electronics is expected to launch the Galaxy S6, two new images and a video of the company's next high-end smartphone seem to confirm its name and the presence of a curved screen.
LG Electronics has announced four new smartphones, including the Magna. The device has a spec that gives Motorola Mobility's Moto G a run for its money, assuming LG doesn't screw up the pricing too much.
Samsung Electronics says 2015 will be a landmark year for wireless charging, as the technology becomes available on less-expensive products.
Apple's iPhone 6 has been a hit in China, but according to one account, rival Xiaomi still reigns as the country's largest smartphone vendor.
Asustek Computer isn't exactly known for smartphones, but the Taiwanese PC maker is aiming to bring more Android phones to U.S. and European markets this year.
The biggest Android smartphone maker most Americans have probably never heard of is taking its first step into the U.S. market.
Underdog Sony aims to grow its smartphone market share with an inexpensive 5-inch smartphone, the Xperia E4.
The upgraded US$99 Motorola Moto E will get LTE and twice the onboard storage as the previous version, but users will also have to make do with a low-resolution screen and front camera, at least if Best Buy is to be believed.
Samsung Electronics has scheduled one of its most important smartphone launches ever for March 1, where the Galaxy S6 and an Edge version of the device are expected to see the light of day.
Lenovo's smartphone business is shipping more handsets to countries outside China, following the company's recent acquisition of Motorola Mobility and more competition in the local market.
The huge popularity of the new iPhone 6 pushed Apple and Samsung closer than ever at the top of the market for smartphones, according to two companies that closely track shipments of the devices.
The iPhone 6 has sold so well that Apple tied with Samsung for the top position in the smartphone market in the fourth quarter, closing the gap with its South Korean competitor.
Sony is planning to lay off another 1,000 people from its mobile division as it attempts to bring the unit back to profitability, according to Japan's Nikkei business daily.
Would you like your smartphone's cover in wood or leather? And how about the device's metal trim?
2014 was a good year for Chinese smartphone brands, with vendors from the country catching up on Apple and stealing share from market leader Samsung Electronics.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 2 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 3 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge review: Return to Glory
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) review: Simply, the best Samsung Galaxy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Motorola's Moto Maker is coming to Australia
- US sides with Oracle in Java copyright dispute with Google
- Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 headphone review
- Toshiba mid-2015 laptop buying guide: optimised for Windows 10
- Lenovo introduces new budget laptops
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW