Chinese smartphone vendor Xiaomi has hopes of selling at least 80 million smartphones this year, but that goal may harder to reach than originally thought.
Chinese smartphone vendor Xiaomi will finally begin selling product in Brazil, marking the first time it has sold handsets outside of Asia.
Huawei isn't a name that's easy to pronounce. Nor has it been free of controversy. In 2012, U.S. politicians called the Chinese company a potential security threat.
Microsoft today removed the preview label from its Office apps for Android, publishing the final versions of Excel, PowerPoint and Word to Google Play.
Samsung is partnering with Red Hat to build mobile apps for business users, in a deal that recalls Apple's tie-up with IBM this time last year.
As HTC faces shrinking revenue, the smartphone vendor is testing ads over its BlinkFeed media aggregation app, and some users aren't happy.
A deal for Taiwanese PC maker Asustek Computer to buy struggling phone-maker HTC makes sense to some, and on Friday Asus's chairman said he wouldn't rule it out.
Google Now is getting new capabilities with a new "Now on Tap" update that should make it easier to find contextually-relevant information.
Google on Thursday gave a quick glimpse of a variety of new features coming to its next-generation operating system, dubbed Android M, during a keynote at Google I/O.
Smartphones and smartwatches won't just display content, but will also be able to beam it on to tabletops, walls and even to the eye, according to Lenovo.
French start-up Infinit has customized its iOS client for Apple's iPads and partnered with HTC to put its free software for speeding up file sharing on the company's smartphones.
Sony's new flagship smartphone, the Xperia Z4, will be called the Xperia Z3+ when it goes on sale outside Japan in June. The phone has a sleeker design, faster processor and better front camera than the Z3 it replaces.
“Despite the Apple Watch requiring an iPhone, Apple’s impending entrance in Q2 had a negative impact on vendors such as Samsung.”
Many smartphones can stand up to a splash or a dip in fresh water, but they don't go too well in seawater due to the corrosive salt.
Lenovo's recent acquisitions have taken a bite out of the company's earnings, with its net profit in the first quarter dropping 37 percent despite strong PC sales.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
- Microsoft fixes 36 flaws in IE, Edge, Office, Windows, .NET Framework
- Facebook has just 60 days to change its terms and conditions for French users
- Coming to HP's consumer laptops: Smoother video with AMD's FreeSync
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT