Staff cuts at Lenovo and HTC, a failed patch from Google, and Samsung's latest flagship smartphones all highlight how tricky selling Android smartphones has become.
Samsung Electronics' latest flagship smartphone has some great hardware in a compact chassis for a device with a 5.7-inch screen. But there are some missing features and the price tag is eye watering.
With glass, metal and a number of hardware improvements, Samsung Electronics is hoping to entice consumers to spend big on its latest smartphones with large screens, the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+.
Struggling HTC is cutting 15 per cent of its work force in an attempt to cut costs and revive its ailing smartphone business.
In the wake of lackluster earnings, Lenovo said it is working towards pumping out products faster from its newly acquired Motorola Mobility division.
Samsung Electronics is hosting its second major product launch of the year in New York Thursday, with a lot riding on the expected debut of the large format Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+. Carrying forward designs reminiscent of the existing S6 sm...
Lenovo's latest smartphone strategy downplays the company name, instead spotlighting a new brand, ZUK.
OnePlus said buyers of its new smartphone in the U.S. and Canada will have to wait longer than originally thought to get their phones.
Continuing to struggle in the smartphone industry, HTC is hoping its upcoming products in virtual reality and wearables can pull in some sales.
Well it's about time. Nearly six years after the original Angry Birds burst onto the mobile gaming scene Rovio is back with its official sequel, Angry Birds 2.
Lackluster demand for its flagship Galaxy S6 smartphone and higher marketing costs led Samsung Electronics to another quarter of falling sales and profits in the April to June period.
Chinese vendor OnePlus has done it again, and produced a powerful smartphone at a bargain price.
Huawei Technologies' shift to selling high-end smartphones is paying off. The more expensive devices helped almost double the company's handset revenue in this year's first half.
Chinese brands don't always command much attention in the U.S. So when ZTE teased its newest smartphone, the Axon, it initially didn't mention the company at all.
Samsung Electronics expects to report lower than expected earnings for the second quarter after supply shortages kept down sales of its Galaxy S6 smartphone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW