BlackBerry has stopped producing phones with its in-house operating system as the company focuses on a more secure Android.
The global partnership between Vogue and Huawei has arrived in Australia at an event in Sydney where the two companies launched Huawei’s new smartwatch collection designed for females.
You can get in line now for a chance at the beta build, which is set to undergo four to eight weeks of testing.
Google has released 16 patches for Android, including one for a critical remote execution vulnerability in the operating system's mediaserver.
Ransomware has become a real scourge for consumers, businesses and even government institutions. Unfortunately, there's no end in sight, so here's what you should know.
Telstra consumer mobile or fixed broadband customers can redeem a 200GB Microsoft OneDrive storage subscription valid for two years, free of charge.
Samsung has announced its next-generation flagship smartphones - the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 6 (Marshmallow). Both phones look strikingly similar to last year's models (the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge), but include features like...
A new kind of Android malware can steal online banking credentials and hold a device's files hostage for ransom, delivering a particularly nasty one-two punch.
Four third-party app stores for Android have apps with a malicious component that seeks root access to the device, according to Trend Micro.
It's been nice having OEMs make its devices, but it looks like Google's ready to take back Android's destiny into its own hands—for real this time.
For the first time, over a third of browser-based online transactions globally are now made on a mobile device, compared to just 30 per cent last quarter.
One-time passcodes, a crucial defense for online banking applications, are being intercepted by a malware program for Android, according to new research from Symantec.
A BlackBerry running on Android was an eventuality. BlackBerry 10, the company’s home baked operating system, is comprehensive, but a lack of application support meant BlackBerry’s smartphones could be used for a lot less. When BlackBerry announced ...
The first smartphones to run Google’s Android 6.0 go on sale at major Australian carriers and retailers next week.
Biometric security, a focus on photography and improved battery life will be the hallmarks of Android Marshmallow when it premiers on upcoming Nexus devices from Huawei and LG.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- CCProcess Specialist - short contract, asap start!VIC
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW