Last week we published five reasons to avoid the new HTC One (M8) smartphone, intended as forward-thinking criticisms to urge further refinement to an evolutionary product. For the few negatives, the HTC One (M8) has at least double the positives. In...
Australia will be one of the first countries in the world to release the Samsung Galaxy S5 on the 11th of April. The 5.1-inch smartphone will be offered on a range of plans from Telstra, Optus, Vodafone and Virgin. Good Gear Guide has put together a ...
Australia's three largest telecommunication carriers have confirmed to Good Gear Guide that the HTC One (M8) will be available in stores on the 1st of April. To help you decide which carrier you should buy the smartphone from, we have collated the va...
With plenty of user interface add-ons available on the Google Play store, it can be hard to decide what to download, especially when there’s a price attached. The following are our three favourites.
Customers no longer have to choose between an iPhone or a big Android device following the release of Sony's 4.3in Xperia Z1 Compact. The smartphone bundles performance innards with a 20.7MP camera and waterproof credentials, but will this be enough ...
Samsung and Sony recently showcased the new tablets that will lead their range, the Samsung Galaxy NotePro (12.2) and the Sony Xperia Tablet Z2. We have put the two tablets head-to-head in an effort to figure out which tablet will be the biggest thre...
LG's original G Pro was named the "Best Smartphone" of last year's Mobile World Congress. Now the company has released its successor, the G Pro 2, and it's looking to take on Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S5. Few details set the two smartphones apart, an...
Google and Samsung have grown closer over the past week following Google's sale of Motorola to Lenovo and a 10-year global patent cross-license agreement signed by the tech giants.
Wearable technology is being heralded as the next big thing and the big companies are competing to see who can crack the form factor first. We don’t yet know what potential wearable tech has, but today we look at one of the more popular renditions, t...
Christmas is almost upon us yet again and what better way to spoil a loved one by gifting a new smartphone?
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
The new Android home screen may not look much different from the home screens in Jelly Bean or even Ice Cream Sandwich, but it gives us a better understanding of what Google may want Android to look like in the future.
Google's Nexus 5 has generated quite the buzz since its release last week. We've managed to hit up Google for a review unit, so low and behold, here's our first impressions.
If it weren't for the software, the Nexus 5 would be just another Android phone.
We've taken the time to gather a list of shortcomings that we believe Google could better address in the next version of Android.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTData Analyst - GISQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSAP ISU Technical ConsultantVIC
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA