Google has released a new international commercial for its Nexus 10 tablet, attempting to highlight a number of Jelly Bean specific Android features.
As PC sales remain sluggish, analysts expect Taiwanese vendors Acer and Asustek Computer to try to seize today's changing tech market with low-end Android tablets, for which consumer demand is high.
Samsung has today announced availability and pricing details for its upcoming Galaxy Note 8.0 Android tablet. The Wi-Fi only model will sell for $459 outright and be available in "early April".
Acer's DA220HQL looks like a giant Android tablet, with its 1920 x 1080 pixel, 21.5-inch touch screen -- but you wouldn't want to carry it around.
Asus has started rolling out an update to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean for its Transformer Pad TF300 tablet.
This year's MWC may have been lacking in high-end smartphone launches, but the "W" stands for "world" and lower-cost models shown this week are needed to open up the mobile-phone market to more people globally.
ASUS has today unveiled the MeMO Pad, a low-cost, 7in Android tablet that will sell for less than Google's Nexus 7 device.
One of the first low-cost Android tablets with an Intel x86 processor was announced at Mobile World Congress, setting the stage for a long battle between the world's largest chip maker and ARM, whose processors go into most tablets today.
HP has announced that its upcoming Slate 7 Android tablet will sell for less than Google's popular Nexus 7 when it launches in Australia.
World’s biggest mobile show boasts LTE phones, Android tablets, Gigabit Wi-Fi, Firefox OS and more
Hewlett-Packard has reentered the consumer tablet market with the Slate 7, an Android-based device with a 7-inch screen that will start at US$169.
Lenovo has announced new 7-inch and 10-inch tablets with quad-core processors and Google's latest Android 4.2 operating system, becoming one of the few companies to offer that version of the OS in tablets.
Kogan has today unveiled two new budget, dual-core Android tablets, both running the 4.1 Jelly Bean version of Google's Android operating system.
Australian manufacturer and online retailer Kogan has today unveiled two new budget Android tablets, both running the 4.1 Jelly Bean version of Google's Android operating system.
While first day sales for Microsoft's Surface RT tablet attracted a long line in Beijing back in October, demand for the device in China has been low, as shipments reached only 30,000 units during the fourth quarter, according to research firm IDC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC