Samsung has officially announced the release of the Galaxy S4 Active in Australia, a water and dust resistant Android smartphone.
HTC is soon expected to release a larger version of its One smartphone called the HTC One Max, after leaked images of the purported device were published by Twitter account @evleaks.
Google has announced a new Android Device Manager service and app designed to plug physical security holes. It will be available later in August.
German supermarket chain Aldi will again sell a 3G, quad-core Android tablet for $249, and will also stock a 4in Android smartphone with dual-SIM capabilities. Both devices are set to go on sale in Australia from Saturday, 13 July.
Huawei has announced the impending Australian launch of its new Ascend P6 smartphone, but the device will not be sold through traditional telco carriers.
Samsung has reportedly shipped 20 million Galaxy S4 smartphones globally, a little over two months after the device officially went on sale.
We don't know what Motorola's Moto X smartphone looks like, nor do we know when it will officially be released, but the company has already begun advertising the smartphone.
Sony's next Android phone is expected to come with a 20-megapixel camera that can record 4K video, after a software build purported to be from the device was leaked.
Google hasn't officially released it yet, but the company's 4.3 version of the Android mobile operating system looks like it will soon coming to the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Sony has confirmed it will release its new SmartWatch 2 and Xperia Z Ultra devices in Australia later this year, but has refused to reveal an exact release date.
Sony has launched the SmartWatch 2, an update of its Android-based watch, while the competition still seems largely to be in development mode. The company is also hoping to attract users that want a smartphone with a really big screen with the 6.4in ...
Huawei's CEO has claimed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a "so-so" smartphone, and has also criticised Google's Android operating system for being "too complicated."
Samsung has confirmed that its new Galaxy S4 Zoom, an Android smartphone with a 16-megapixel camera, optical zoom, and a xenon flash, will be released in Australia "later this year".
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei is ambitiously targeting a sales figure of 10 million units for its new Ascend P6 Android phone, according to the company's CEO.
HTC is set to bring back its Desire brand to the smartphone market, following a video of an upcoming device being published by Vietnamese blog TheGioididong.com.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Jorno Folding Bluetooth Keyboard review: A Kickstarter vision loses sight of the basics
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi gear driving strong WLAN equipment sales
- Microsoft declares 350M devices now on Windows 10
- Facebook chooses friends and family over celebrities in your feed, which is probably healthy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW