Apple may be looking to infuse its mapping software with personally relevant results by incorporating social search with technology acquired from the startup Spotsetter.
Although the memory of a bad date can take a lot longer than 24 hours to truly fade, the dating app Tinder has decided that's plenty of time for its users to share photos with their matches.
Smartwatch applications can be customized for devices with round displays by tweaking the user interface, Google said as it ramps up efforts to get developers ready for the launch of Android Wear.
Instagram has added a suite of new effects to its app in a move to win over users who might otherwise turn to alternative software for photo editing tools.
As they battle for dominance in the cut-throat smartphone category, vendors are betting that luxury-evoking designs and features such as better front cameras will get consumers to open their wallets.
acebook will soon be listening to its users -- literally -- but some of them wish it would cover its ears.
Google has posted a number of notifications to show what users will be able to see on their Android Wear smartwatches, including integration with Nest's smoke detector.
The latest version of Xamarin's namesake development platform has additional support for iOS and more features for sharing code across the Apple OS, Android and Windows.
Google has boosted the Android management features in Apps to help IT admins control access to the suite from users' Android smartphones and tablets.
Google is hoping to lure users to spending more time on its social network with a new photo playback feature for Google+ called "Stories."
Google could gain a stronger position in businesses by acquiring Divide, an enterprise software company focused on the bring-your-own-device to work model.
Google is planning to add more smarts to its Google Translate service by acquiring Quest Visual, developer of the Word Lens camera-based translation app.
Google has hired a former Calvin Klein and Gap executive to help make Glass socially acceptable and turn it into a mainstream product.
Google aims to fuel international sales in the Play store by expanding the use of carrier billing and letting developers sell apps in more countries. The company has also added PayPal as a new payment method in countries such as the U.S. and Germany.
Google is being tight-lipped about when the 64-bit version of Android will be released, but Linux development group Linaro has built a version of the open-source operating system so mobile applications can be written and tested by manufacturers and d...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Privacy group files FTC complaint to push Google to extend right to be forgotten to US
- Judge dimisses second conviction of ex-Goldman Sachs coder
- Samsung profit squeezed by Galaxy S6 shortage
- Reddit CEO Ellen Pao tries to calm furor with huge 'mea culpa'
- Winners of our ESET Antivirus competition announced
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW