Less than three weeks after pushing Android 4.4.3 to users of its Nexus devices, Google released a new version of the OS that incorporates a patch for a serious vulnerability identified in the OpenSSL cryptographic library.
Samsung Electronics has launched a new version of the Galaxy S5 with an upgraded screen and faster processor, but for now it is only available in South Korea.
Apple's tight vetting of mobile applications gives it a security edge over Android, but there are still several ways for attackers to steal data from iOS devices, a mobile security company warned in a report Tuesday.
Six months after adding its Place Pins feature, Pinterest is improving the search technology around the location pins.
Google is getting on the soccer World Cup bandwagon with a Glass update that lets users keep track of the tournament.
Apple may be looking to infuse its mapping software with personally relevant results by incorporating social search with technology acquired from the startup Spotsetter.
Although the memory of a bad date can take a lot longer than 24 hours to truly fade, the dating app Tinder has decided that's plenty of time for its users to share photos with their matches.
Smartwatch applications can be customized for devices with round displays by tweaking the user interface, Google said as it ramps up efforts to get developers ready for the launch of Android Wear.
Instagram has added a suite of new effects to its app in a move to win over users who might otherwise turn to alternative software for photo editing tools.
As they battle for dominance in the cut-throat smartphone category, vendors are betting that luxury-evoking designs and features such as better front cameras will get consumers to open their wallets.
acebook will soon be listening to its users -- literally -- but some of them wish it would cover its ears.
Google has posted a number of notifications to show what users will be able to see on their Android Wear smartwatches, including integration with Nest's smoke detector.
The latest version of Xamarin's namesake development platform has additional support for iOS and more features for sharing code across the Apple OS, Android and Windows.
Google has boosted the Android management features in Apps to help IT admins control access to the suite from users' Android smartphones and tablets.
Google is hoping to lure users to spending more time on its social network with a new photo playback feature for Google+ called "Stories."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Portfolio LeadVIC
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCCRM Change Lead, OrganisationalNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC