Thumb-size PCs like Intel's Compute Stick are still a novelty, but adoption will grow as TVs and displays increasingly become the center of entertainment and computing.
Samsung Electronics' latest flagship smartphone has some great hardware in a compact chassis for a device with a 5.7-inch screen. But there are some missing features and the price tag is eye watering.
Google is putting some of the most Google-y Android apps in the spotlight, and is sharing their source code to spur development of other apps.
The enterprise-oriented version of Google's mobile OS, Android for Work, has gained support from a roster of business partners that includes the top four U.S. mobile carriers.
Microsoft is quietly testing a new launcher app that replaces Android users' home screens. Called Arrow, the utility is a product of the company's Garage program that lets employees work on interesting side projects and release them to the world.
Too many Android phones are running old software with security flaws, according to Dutch consumer association Consumentenbond, which wants manufacturers to update their phones' software more often, and for longer.
Google will deliver lighter versions of Web pages in search results for Android phones users with slow connections in India and Brazil.
Sales of Android smartphones were up in the first quarter but its share of the market fell, while that of iOS grew for the third consecutive quarter.
By building browsers with integrated ad blocking, German company Eyeo hopes to attract more users. A beta version of the Android browser is now available for download from the Play store.
Apple products are still the preferred mobile devices among enterprise users, but competitors are chipping away at the company's lead, especially in the tablet market.
Microsoft's mobile apps will be integrated into a future version of Cyanogen's Android-based operating system, as CEO Satya Nadella steps up efforts to make the company's software more popular on Google's platform.
It usually takes months for mobile devices to get Android updates, but Intel and Google want to slash the wait time.
The Venue 10 7000 from Dell and the Surface 3 from Microsoft share a few things in common: they will ship in a few weeks, are marketed as tablets that can be used as laptops, and start at $499. But they offer different advantages.
French company Infinit has released Android and iOS applications for free file-sharing that promise improved transmission speeds over cloud-based services.
Nearly half of Android devices are vulnerable to an attack that could replace a legitimate app with malicious software that can collect sensitive data from a phone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia